11-18-2012, 06:22 PM #1
- 3 Posts
I saw an article on eBay and the guy is selling an Unlocked AT&T Lumia 920. He wrote this:
"I only opened the box to make sure everything was in it, and to plug it into my Windows 8 Developer acct to unlock the phone. I am an amateur app developer for Android, Google, and Windows 8. Windows 8 charges $100 for this ability. With my acct I can have three Windows 8 phones unlocked. This is one of the three."
I went to the Developers website and read this:
"Registering the phone requires an active developer account on Windows Phone Dev Center. Each developer account lets you register three devices for app development. After you create a developer account and register your phone, you can install, run, and debug apps on the phone."
MY QUESTION IS: if I pay $100 for a developer account, will I be able to unlock three AT&T Lumia 920 devices?
- 11-27-2012, 11:52 AM #4
Developer Unlocked. Not SIM Unlocked.
Developer Unlocked means that you can sideload apps (XAP files).
SIM Unlocked means you can use it with another network.
SIM Unlocking won't happen for at least another 5 months.
11-27-2012, 12:09 PM #5
- 162 Posts
I saw that eBay ad.. someone got took for their money and is going to be PO'd when they try using it on another carrier if it's just app unlocked and not carrier unlocked. The guy had put some questionable description in there too IMO. Something about how his dev unlockde phone was better than the BUILD phones because those were beta's/pre-releases.
- By GekkoAce in forum HTC TITANReplies: 9Last Post: 01-06-2013, 10:06 PM
- By sajus in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 0Last Post: 11-17-2012, 05:08 AM
- By doomtuba in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 3Last Post: 11-06-2012, 01:24 PM
- By LEC 360 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 6Last Post: 10-11-2012, 03:11 PM
- By BIGPADDY in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 18Last Post: 10-04-2012, 04:31 AM