Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By abhishek8605
  • 1 Post By guyverl
  • 1 Post By Peter Juras

Went to a Nokia store and tried out the Lumia 920 today. I noticed one thing. When I scroll through the home screen or app list slowly, it seems kind of jaggedy, but when I scroll quickly it's very smooth. Is this a demo unit issue or is it just how touch phones are? I've never had a touch phone so I have no idea. I also tried this in other demo units with the same results.
    tumaykilinc likes this.

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    We are on the same boat :) I also notice it, there is also an issue with scrolling images as i mentioned here
    http://forums.wpcentral.com/nokia-lu...e-gallery.html

I am thinking this will get fixed but seeing i was the only one complaining about it, i was kind of hopeless.

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tumaykilinc View Post
    We are on the same boat :) I also notice it, there is also an issue with scrolling images as i mentioned here
    http://forums.wpcentral.com/nokia-lu...e-gallery.html

I am thinking this will get fixed but seeing i was the only one complaining about it, i was kind of hopeless.
    did wp slow down scrolling speed? Neither 8x or 920 at stores scroll as fast as my HTC Trophy

Yeah, it seems that when you scroll slowly on the Lumia 920, by touching your finger constantly, the movement is a little choppy. But, when you scroll fast it's very smooth. Any other Lumia 920 owners have this problem? I am getting it in two weeks so I want to look out for issues like this.

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abhishek8605 View Post
    Went to a Nokia store and tried out the Lumia 920 today. I noticed one thing. When I scroll through the home screen or app list slowly, it seems kind of jaggedy, but when I scroll quickly it's very smooth. Is this a demo unit issue or is it just how touch phones are? I've never had a touch phone so I have no idea. I also tried this in other demo units with the same results.
    I can't seem to reproduce this on my 920. Scrolling my app list really slow or fast is super smooth. Maybe something to do with the demo?

Quote Originally Posted by gohatters View Post
    did wp slow down scrolling speed? Neither 8x or 920 at stores scroll as fast as my HTC Trophy
    I noticed this issue only when scrolling slowly, like as slow as you can scroll with your fingers. Do that, and then scroll really fast, and I noticed that when scrolling slowly it's choppy. All demo units had this issue, if it even is an issue. I never noticed this before and this isn't my first time playing with a Lumia 920, so scrolling speed could be subjective.
    I cant reproduce this either. I wonder if it has something to do with the demo units being connected to a power source. My original Titan had some issues if I used it while charging. I don't have my charger with me right now but I will test that out later.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacchus1313 View Post
    I cant reproduce this either. I wonder if it has something to do with the demo units being connected to a power source. My original Titan had some issues if I used it while charging. I don't have my charger with me right now but I will test that out later.
    I guess I'll have to wait and see. I can't confirm through my friends since they are all either Android/iPhone users.

Yeah, I get this too. When scrolling slowly *sometimes* it's seems slightly choppy. Fast scrolling always as smooth as anything.
    tumaykilinc likes this.

Okay so got my unlocked Lumia 920, looks like this issue is not there for me on my phone. So maybe it was just a demo unit issue.

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    i dont notice it

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Maybe it has something to do with the demo software. I don't know why I do this but everytime I go to test out a phone I always restart first. I've played with the 920 many times in the store and haven't noticed this issue.

Hey,

I also had this issue but I think I managed to solve it:

Look up in the Ease of Access settings whether you have enabled the magnifier. I enabled it for fun but since I have disabled it, it is very very fast again!
    Thanked by:
    jbjtkbw00#AC likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Juras View Post
    Hey,

Look up in the Ease of Access settings whether you have enabled the magnifier. I enabled it for fun but since I have disabled it, it is very very fast again!
    Thanks alot, this was driving me nuts. Even had the Nokia support contacted.

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    No this is a persistent issue. I've tired that ease setting and it didn't work. I've never had this issue with any phone before, ever.

I just tested it on my new white Lumia 920 and I can't say I have this problem

hi guys, my l920 now have this problem of flickering / blinking lcd. and it gets hot very quickly sometimes even without using it. any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Juras View Post
    Hey,

this did the trick for me too! it was driving me nuts, especially since my HTC Trophy was butter smooth. thanks!

That was exactly my issue, had turned on magnify and forgot, honescreen, webpages, all very choppy at slow scroll speed with finger on screen. Nicely spotted