11-24-2012, 05:53 AM #1
- 145 Posts
I am very new to Windows Phone 8 universe, please easy with me.
After 10 days of enjoyable experience with Nokia Lumia 920 I have many questions hoping that a more experience WP user can help me with.
1. In Store, there isn't any Nokia Collection, When I read the news that Nokia transport is getting updated mine isn't update so basically a Nokia Lumia 920 users around the world is using a different Nokia Lumia 920 right? I live in Thailand, the demonstration units of Nokia Lumia 920 in Nokia Shop have nokia collection in Store but the purchased units don't. The sale rep told me that they run different firmware, is that so? I tried to update my firmware, I can't. It said I have the current firmware. I am confused here. Can anyone explain how this work?
2. Today I reset my Lumia 920 just want to start over again. I have to download all app again, that's fine but I dont remember which app I have already downloaded. Does the system keep history of my download? If I decided to buy some app, and then delete it, can I reinstall it without paying for it again? Again please tell me how this work.
3. I hook the message with facebook message, this is great but I can only see online people, I also want to see people that are on their mobile device because we should be able to chat with them too right?
These are my questions. I just want to know how they work so that I know what to do with it
Thanks for your help
11-24-2012, 07:15 AM #3
- 1,099 Posts
1. I have no idea why you wouldn't be able to see the Nokia Collection. Where are you located? I'd call Nokia to figure that one out. Is the Nokia Collection restricted to certain areas?
2. WP always remembers what you have downloaded and what you have paid for. Even when you download it still click the 'buy' button and you'll see a screen that says something to the degree of "You've already purchased this item before, do you still want to download it again?" You will ONLY be charged once. No worries there.Pastor of All Saints Lutheran Church in Mason, MI
God's work, our hands.
Preaching the Gospel.
Holding a Windows Phone.
- 11-24-2012, 07:29 AM #4
1. Does not sound right, try contacting Nokia Care.
3. Generally people with a mobile device are considered 'always on' but SMS availability is considered secondary. For example, the messaging hub will only record people who's presence is set to 'available', 'away' or recently 'offline' or 'invisible'. If you message a person who isn't currently active, like with a Facebook message, the phone will give you the option to send via SMS instead, but it is also capable of delivering Facebook messages to them offline.
11-24-2012, 11:40 AM #6
- 196 Posts
Hey I just got my Lumia and I live in Thailand too.
1. I had this same problem too but found out that the Nokia collection is in a separate app called "App Highlights." Don't know why it's like that, but that's the way it is.
2. You need to turn back up on, you can do this under settings.
3. I am not sure how this works, currently I am not able to receive any FB messages on my phone through the messaging/people/me hub, don't know why. I just decided to get the FB app and work it from there.
11-24-2012, 11:50 AM #7
- 554 Posts
So I wanted the new transport app from Nokia too but I found out that its for the 900 or win7 its not available for win8 yet.
As for resetting your phone. I have done this but if you select to back up your texts and apps all you would have needed to do was logon with your live I'd and it would than ask if you would like to restore your settings. This reinstalled everything for me even settings and some game scores very cool. I did not need to reinstall anything 😊
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
- 11-24-2012, 12:35 PM #8
11-24-2012, 12:43 PM #9
- 13 Posts
If you still have those problems try to reboot: push volume- (volume down), on/off-button and camera-button together, wait till the phone is vibrating, loose the camera-button but keep those two still down and release them after 5-10 secs.
12-27-2012, 12:19 AM #10
- 67 Posts
I also bought my 920 from Thailand, in Central World actually. It starts with Nokia Collection and App Highlights already. But I guess you might not have registered and using a Microsoft account? If you are using your phone with MS account, it shall have your app list back up. These WP apps somehow has high relation with the regions, the phone and your MS account. I have to change my regions sometimes to download or update some apps.
- By rider2040 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 34Last Post: 11-13-2014, 01:05 PM
- By riffraffy in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 4Last Post: 11-07-2012, 04:08 PM
- By 12Danny123 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 11Last Post: 10-12-2012, 10:16 AM
- By BIGPADDY in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 18Last Post: 10-04-2012, 03:31 AM
- By maplewebb in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 20Last Post: 09-13-2012, 10:22 AM