Nokia Free Charger - Invalid IMEI code?

nazeerabid

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the UK, and I've tried it too yet no luck. Going to give it one more day before contacting Nokia. Got my phone from Phones4U (Red 920)

a2b04

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I have got the same problem! I bought mine from the shop on 15th November. Been trying to claim it online but its giving me the "Invalid IMEI" error! Contacted Nokia on twitter, let's see what they say. Will update!

chrimble

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Bought mine online (from P4U) on the 15th November, and am getting the same thing. Would love to hear of anyone successfully registering for/receiving the charger!

Andrew Tebbs

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I bought mine online from p4u on friday the 23rd November.
Phone turned up Tuesday 27th.
No unique code sticker, but tried my luck just using the IMEI on the Wednesday with a claim that I'd ordered the phone 14 days earlier (doubted there was any way of them coding the website to know when each IMEI was actually sold by P4U ;))
On Wednesday, Thursday and Friday it came back with 'invalid IMEI, please wait 14 days from purchase' but on Saturday it went through succesfully.
Will wait and see if it turns up!

gerraldd

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
got mine last 14th from P4U and it says invalid IMEI code :(

EDIT: Just tried mine again and it went through. Wait for another day :D

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Mine went through first time (on the 6th Nov). No eta on the charger though.
And P4U have only 5 days left to ship me my free wireless speaker too (I'm feeling an arguement coming on!)

BenGutt

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Mine went through first time (on the 6th Nov). No eta on the charger though.
And P4U have only 5 days left to ship me my free wireless speaker too (I'm feeling an arguement coming on!)

My speaker should have arrived by saturday and nothing showed up. Waiting on an answer. Apparently they chould have come direct from Nokia. Phones4u don't carry the stock.

Heard nothing about the wireless charger since I submitted my IMEI number online.

Last edited:

a2b04

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I purchased my 920 from P4U and had the same problem. I called Nokia helpline. The lady told me the IMEI wasn't registered with them (by P4U I believe). She did that and mine is on the way!

So simply, if you can't get it done online, give them a ring. They are helpful!

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Call the 0843 number on that page and they are more than helpful. Will get it sorted in less than 24 hours! I had same issue with both my handsets and they sorted it out!

DReevell

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Got mine from P4U last Saturday after a nearly two week wait for supply of Yellow 920s. Phone activated within 4 hours of delivery, registered successfully for free charger on the Sunday. Maybe I'm just lucky..?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon