ARGGH, knocked my 920 off the counter!!!

thekonger

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I knocked my 920 off my counter today. Hit on the corner and 'smooshed' it a bit. I have been playing with it for the last 20 minutes and it is still working perfectly. 920, best phone ever.

I am trying to upload a pic but when I select one I see no option to upload. Is this a member feature I am not eligible for yet?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Glad to hear your Lumia 920 is ok.

How are you trying to upload the photos?

Are you trying to share them from SkyDrive, add them via Social>Photos in the upper right hand side of the forum, use Photobucket, or something else?

Jealy666

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I guess it's a good thing it didn't land on your toe. Is the floor ok?

Repairing the floor could be pricey, the drop & damage test videos on YouTube reassure me I have bought a solid device!

Glad to hear yours is okay konger!

Also, perhaps use an image upload site such as imageshack to share your photo?

thekonger

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I hope this posts, here's a closeup of the corner that was dinged. And another showing the 920 is still doing its thing. :wink:

Z

Attachments

• DSC04984.jpg
    DSC04984.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 62
  • DSC04987.jpg
    DSC04987.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 36

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Pictures worked. :smile:

That isn't too bad of a ding. I'm glad to hear it's still working fine.

I do use a case for my device.

thekonger

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Which one Laura? I saw one that looked like a rubberized sticker but can't find the thread now. That's all I want, something t9o make it a little more tactile.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
wow, same thing happened to me today:
2 feet drop onto a ceramic tile. It hit the floor with the corner right next to the sim card tray. I would say that this is a weaker part of the phone. The thinner parts of the PC case at this corner allow for some room to move. It pushed in the corner ever so slightly and the tray popped out. Boy was I relieved to see that the tray went back in fine and that you can barely see the dent. you have to look really carefully to see it. Definitely a case for me ;). glad it didn't break anything or cause crease.

Caikems

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Very nice. I dropped many phones from 2 feet up and seen them shatter. This is definitely a win in my book. :) Barely noticeable.

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I have heard of people getting cracks. I'd count your blessings! :wink:

And to be perfectly honest, that doesn't look so bad. I rather like the polycarbonate unibody. It makes scratches and dings much less noticeable. Try dropping your iPhone like that. Scuffs galore. :grincry:

tboggs13

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I can't say for sure about the 920, I haven't dropped it yet, but my boss has a 900 and actually uses it as a throwing star. I think he really wants a 920, but hasn't been able to break it yet.

It started when he was at a fast food joint and his 900 fell off the table onto tile. He reached his foot out and dragged it across the tile face down, picked it up wiped it off and kept going. All the iPhone users just sat there with their jaws open.

After he would tell the story and actually give an example each time. Throw it on the floor, drag it back.

bryan_05

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I knocked my 920 off my counter today. Hit on the corner and 'smooshed' it a bit. I have been playing with it for the last 20 minutes and it is still working perfectly. 920, best phone ever.

I am trying to upload a pic but when I select one I see no option to upload. Is this a member feature I am not eligible for yet?

Dropped my phone at the gas pump today, hit right on the corner. Corner looks awful and there's a push pin size dink in the screen, but works great. Guess I need a case due to the slippery shell.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Just purchased the incipio feather snap on at ms store in Boston. Almost bought a surface too 😊. Really nice case, solid. Does not protect the front at all though. Very thin and does not add any bulkiness. Protects the corners nicely. Still fits into my belt case as well. Not cheap though ($25).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes