Wallet keeps crashing

tibere86

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else having issues with the Wallet app crashing after opening? When I launch the app, it updates than crashes immediately. I am not in the mood for doing a hard reset :winktongue:

starkeyr

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Having the same issue, don't use it enough to warrant resetting everything but still frustrating. Guess ill just a wait for an update.

kimberlah

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. It started after I tried removing a debit card through commerce.microsoft.com. Putting the phone in Airplane mode allowed me to access Wallet again but once I turned my connection back on it went back to crashing. Hope Windows fixes this in the next update.

jomargon

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I solved the issue by re-registering my paypal account to commerce.microsoft.com. I tried going through Microsoft support chat but they insist that I should uninstall the wallet app. she said that i should contact the app publisher even though i've insisted that the wallet app came preinstalled and cannot the deleted!

anon(5669803)

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I solved the issue by re-registering my paypal account to commerce.microsoft.com. I tried going through Microsoft support chat but they insist that I should uninstall the wallet app. she said that i should contact the app publisher even though i've insisted that the wallet app came preinstalled and cannot the deleted!

I had the same problem after I removed a credit card through commerce.microsoft.com.
I tried both the airplane mode and re-registering the credit card. While the airplane mode allowed me to access the Wallet app, it went back to crashing after turning on the connection.
When I tried deleting the credit card in the Wallet app after re-registering on commerce.microsoft.com, it goes back into an endless loop while displaying "Updating Wallet", like before.
Hope MS fixes this soon.

anon(5669803)

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site

I had the same problem after I removed a credit card through commerce.microsoft.com.
I tried both the airplane mode and re-registering the credit card. While the airplane mode allowed me to access the Wallet app, it went back to crashing after turning on the connection.
When I tried deleting the credit card in the Wallet app after re-registering on commerce.microsoft.com, it goes back into an endless loop while displaying "Updating Wallet", like before.
Hope MS fixes this soon.

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Incredible. I was in touch with Microsoft support last April regarding this issue. They told me they were going to solve it and guess what... They did nothing! Just sent them an e-mail and I was really hard on them this time! It's incredible how they have ignored this problem just because there aren't so many of us with it! Damn! They better solve it when I update to GDR2!!

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm really freaking out with this problem because, while I can still buy apps in the browser version of the Windows Phone Store, I can't make in-app purchases as they require your wallet data (I want to buy the license for 6sec and soon for 6gram). So I just contacted Microsoft Technical Support again. Here is the conversation:

Hello,

I've been postponing this reply, week after week, hoping to see you guys at Microsoft trying to fix this Wallet app problem that is affecting not only me but many more Windows Phone 8 users. I was told that you were going to fix the problem but this was last April and since then nothing has changed. I still can't purchase apps with my phone because the Wallet app always crashes when I open it! How can it be so hard to release an app update to solve this problem? Are you guys seriously expecting me to reset my phone (knowing that there are many cases of phones that permanently stop working during that process) because a problem that you just decided that you aren't going to bother solving? Sure, it is a lot easier for you guys to just tell people to reset there phones, instead of trying to find a proper solution for this. You aren't even being good to yourselves. I could be purchasing a lot more apps if I could just buy them on my phone.

Now, I know that the person who is reading this isn't probably the one responsible for solving this kind of technical issues, but please, I'm politely asking you, this time, let your superiors or someone who can really solve this problem know about it. If the last time you passed the message to them, they ignored it because everything remains the same, so again, please, this time let them know and don't ignore it.

Thanks.

I'm sorry you still facing the problem.

Unfortunately there is one way to fix that problem; you will need to reset the phone please. You can backup your files (like photos and videos) , you will be able to install all your purchased app, once you sign in with the same Microsoft account. All contacts should be sync with your account as well. You can check it on:
http://www.contacts.live.com
Once again - I'm really sorry about that.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

I know that, I can backup my list of downloaded apps, but I am going to lose all the information they contain, for example game saves. Seriously, why don't you guys create a solution instead of telling us that there is no solution and we have to hard reset our phones for a problem that isn't even our responsibility? I mean, I told you about this issue last April. That's 4 months ago, more than enough time to solve a problem like this if you guys had decided to give any importance to it. Seems like you guys didn't care at all because everything is the same. There is no solution, hard resetting a phone is not a solution, is starting everything all over again, losing the data inside my downloaded apps. What if I do it and, let's say, in 1 or 2 months it happens again? I'll have to do everything all over again. A solution is fixing the problem and prevent it from happening again! By telling your costumers that they should hard reset their phones you are simply saying that you are not going to work on a solution, that everything will stay the same and if this problem happened once it may happen twice because you are not fixing it. Seriously, show some respect for your customers Microsoft.

jarcraig

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Up vote a fix for this issue:

Fix Wallet crash issue – Feature Suggestions for Windows Phone

I just got off the online chat with Microsoft, tried a bunch of things to no avail. End result was suggestion to reset phone. This is too big of an inconvenience for me so I will opt not to do this. Mainly because I will lose all my app saved data.

Instead I will purchase my apps via windowsphone.com on the desktop. As long as I don?t need in app purchases this should suffice and be the lessor of two evils.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon