- 11-30-2012, 12:35 PM #1
This is my second day with a nokia 920 and im in love. I just have a few questions about it:
1. Whatsapp won't send videos. It has the button but when i click on it nothing happens. I tried sending from the video application but when i click share whatsapp isnt there.
2. Whatsapp groups can't be silenced. I have a lot of groups and this can be annoying :(
3. Main twitter application doesn't save last place is there a good twitter alternative?
4. Any new news about instagram?
5. is there a Data counter?
6. How do i take a screenshot?
7. is there a way to stop screen orientation changing?
8. I tried subscribing to the xbox unlimited music streaming but it wont accept my payment. i have the option to redeem a code. where can i get this code?
9. Can i stream pictures/videos to the tv and how?
Sorry for the long list but i gathered them all before asking
11-30-2012, 01:03 PM #2
- 872 Posts
1. I don't use Whatsapp so can't say
2. See 1
3. My favorite Cowlick!, also good Gleek, rowi, mehdoh
4. Nothing official
5. Only on Verizon at the moment, hopefully will show up on other carriers soon.
6. Press Power button + Home (Windows key)
7. No at the phone level, only within certain apps that have a setting for it.
8. I haven't messed with Xbox Music yet sorry can't comment.
9. I don't believe so just yet. Nokia has a Play To DLNA app on WP7.x so it's assumed that should be showing up for WP8 shortly as well."Bro, you know I lift cause I use a Lumia 920..."
11-30-2012, 01:08 PM #3
- 255 Posts
1. I dont use this app. Sorry.
2. I dont use this app. Sorry.
3. I use Mehdoh as my twitter client. I love it and it will save your last place.
4. Honestly dont know why people love this instagram app so much. Be that as it may I havent heard anything else except that it will eventually come.
5. Data counter is exclusive to Verizon for now. Eventually it will come to other carriers.
6. Hold down the power button and hit the Windows key on the front of your device.
7. Some apps have the option but there is no global setting that I know of.
8. This one is odd. I have no idea why it wont accept your card. Sorry. You may want to call xbox music support.
9. Nokia has a new app called photobeamer that will work with pictures. Not sure what or if any apps deal with videos though.
- 11-30-2012, 01:13 PM #4
I can't answer the questions about WhatsApp, as I don't use the application.
Currently, I don't think there's any news regarding Instagram.
I believe a screen shot is taken by holding the Windows button and pressing the power button.
Screen orientation is controlled individually, by app. If an app does not have an option to lock orientation, then you can't lock it for that app.
11-30-2012, 01:28 PM #5
- 87 Posts
You don't say what carrier you have but if you are on ATT you can use myATT for now as a data counter. It shows your usage. Apparently Nokia had one for the 900 but it's not listed as available for the 920 that I can find. I assume it will be at some point (or your carrier may block it preferring that you use one from them ).
- 11-30-2012, 02:01 PM #6
Thank you soo much guys for your help clearing my confusion.
And instagram is amazing. Its twitter but with pictures. A great way of sharing my pics with friends and family, especially when im travelling. I guess i have to wait.
as for xbox music I live in Kuwait and i think that's why its not accepting my credit card.
So let me rephrase my question. where can i purchase a code? Is it the same one for xbox?
As for streaming also let me rephrase the question :P
With my old android i had two options, Stream to apple tv or with the samsung allcast option. Is there something similar for the 920?