Screen uneven

GreatSaski

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I noticed that the bottom right corner of my screen isn't pressed in all the way. I can actually see a little bit of light from underneath. I can press it down and it's fine but only for a little bit. Not a big deal but kind of annoying, especially since I returned my first 920 because of a screen problem (dead pixels). Now this.:angry:

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I noticed that the bottom right corner of my screen isn't pressed in all the way. I can actually see a little bit of light from underneath. I can press it down and it's fine but only for a little bit. Not a big deal but kind of annoying, especially since I returned my first 920 because of a screen problem (dead pixels). Now this.:angry:

check out this video for the 900. It should be similar for the 920. The screen probably just has to be reseated. take it out and put it back evenly. It was likely assembled off center a little bit and that's why it's not staying in 100%. Note that this is an uneducated guess....But I believe it can be fixed fairly easily by a repair shop or yourself.
Nokia Lumia 900 Disassembly & Assembly - YouTube

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
My 900 was like that. One corner stuck out about 1 billionth of a mm more than the rest. I just let it ride and moved on.
Sent from my Blue AT&T 8x using Board Xpress

Caikems

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
If light is visible then I would return it for another one. If you paid money for a product, you might as well make sure you get it in pristine physical condition.
Taking it apart only risks screwing something up and voiding any warranty you might have.

mikewp

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site

So which is it? No big deal or kind of annoying or some thing that makes you :angry:(angry "smiley")

dudedud

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
My whole right side is loose. I took mine apart and tried to put it back in to fix it but that didnt help. I think it has to do with the adhesive and the plastic frame it sits in.

RyoTGZ

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Looks like they're sending me a new phone, even though it's passed the 2 weeks. This'll be number 3.

Did you call the at&t warranty line? They will send you a replacement up to the one year warranty. Let us know how the replacement is... I'm already on my second one and would really hate to lose my application data for my games. If we could back up the data, I wouldn't have any issue looking to get this one replaced.

GreatSaski

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
There's an AT&T device support center nearby. Went there and they placed an order for a replacement. He said I'd be charged the full price of the phone if AT&T found any damage but he even said there wasn't any and that I'd be fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes