A MUST POLL!!! How is your 920 protected???

pjeung

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
To protect or not to protect your 920, that is the question. If so, how much protection??? I'm still on the fence myself (naked at the moment), so I thought this poll would give a good overall picture of what 920 owners have decided to do with their phones.

Last edited:

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Mine is only protected by a dedicated pocket for my phone and taking good care of my stuff in general. Never had any protection on my phones, never broke any of my phones either.

pjeung

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Mine is only protected by a dedicated pocket for my phone and taking good care of my stuff in general. Never had any protection on my phones, never broke any of my phones either.

same here... dedicated pocket away from keys and coins... no scratches/damages yet (knock on wood)

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Naked. I always keep my phones naked. Only phone i have ever had any protection was iPhone 4, mainly because of how my 2G iPod touch looked back then. ;)

I have owned all of the poly unibodies Nokia has released other than Lumia 900 (N9, Lumia 800 and Lumia 920) and non of have even a mark on the body of the phone. Imo if you want protection for your Lumia 920 you could get screen protector, but other than that i can't really find a reason to buy case.

Granted i'm not tied to any kind of contracts and own other phones so my basis might be a bit different.

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I keep mine in a pouch to keep from inadvertent scratches when going into my pocket. Other then that its naked. I am done with surrounding my phone with 50 layers of ugly casing material. I got done with that when I dumped my iPhone 4.

jonesychris

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Mine is in an otterbox defender but i'm going to be taking it back, just too large. I want a Siedio active case but one is not out yet. Will probably settle for otterbox commuter.
After a 6" fall that dented 2 corners pretty badly and scratched the heck out of the back, i'm not using no case on mine anymore.

steeleblue

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I put a full body Ghost Armor on mine. Clear. I had it put on at the mall and he did a good job. If you just look at the phone you can't see it. I thought I would go with nothing but I don't treat my phones too well, I throw them down anywhere, drop them in my purse or pocket, etc. while I doubt I would scratch the case I feel better about having something on it so I don't even think about it.

A big plus is now I can actually lay my phone on my hand and tilt my hand about 85 degrees and it doesn't slid off so even though the skin isn't 'sticky' it does add a bit of grip. Hard to explain but it did feel like I might drop it at times. May all bein my mind but now I feel like I have a better hold. One more added plus, fewer fingerprints.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
surprised with how many people are carrying around their phones naked.. interesting

Thing i find more worrisome is that some would find that weird. ;)
I mean before iPhone it was the norm to carry phones without protection. It seems like especially in North America the need for a case has become the norm. Though that could also be related to the carrier business model where everybody signs for a 2 year contracts and no unlocked market to speak of.

pjeung

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I put a full body Ghost Armor on mine. Clear. I had it put on at the mall and he did a good job. If you just look at the phone you can't see it. I thought I would go with nothing but I don't treat my phones too well, I throw them down anywhere, drop them in my purse or pocket, etc. while I doubt I would scratch the case I feel better about having something on it so I don't even think about it.

A big plus is now I can actually lay my phone on my hand and tilt my hand about 85 degrees and it doesn't slid off so even though the skin isn't 'sticky' it does add a bit of grip. Hard to explain but it did feel like I might drop it at times. May all bein my mind but now I feel like I have a better hold. One more added plus, fewer fingerprints.

i'm considering screen protection b/c of all the scratch complaints. i'm just not big on the rubbery feel, love the screen as is.. I'm not to worried about the back of the phone, i think it's pretty scratch resistant. Now obviously if you drop it on concrete, you might have some issues with damaged corners and such, so i understand people wanting a case for that reason... ahhh, decisions....

pjeung

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Thing i find more worrisome is that some would find that weird. ;)
I mean before iPhone it was the norm to carry phones without protection. It seems like especially in North America the need for a case has become the norm. Though that could also be related to the carrier business model where everybody signs for a 2 year contracts and no unlocked market to speak of.

screen protectors and cases have become the norm here in the states... i know it wasn't that way a few years back, but i guess since touch screens came out, people want to protect the beautiful display more than anything else. Cases are so slim now, i think people believe they are adding protection while not losing too many style points. Plus, with cases your phone becomes unique =)

redeyss

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I have a black glossy TPU case from amazon, fits great and much more grippy. Went naked for few days but couldn't risk it. No screen protector yet but I have one ready. I love the feel of the curved glass! But too OCD about screen scratches to risk that one either;-)

steeleblue

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
i'm considering screen protection b/c of all the scratch complaints. i'm just not big on the rubbery feel, love the screen as is.. I'm not to worried about the back of the phone, i think it's pretty scratch resistant. Now obviously if you drop it on concrete, you might have some issues with damaged corners and such, so i understand people wanting a case for that reason... ahhh, decisions....

I'm not too worried about real damage. I have insurance for that. But hairline scratches on the screen would really bug me. Hence the screen protector. Went the full cover just because... The screen protector is really clear, can't even see it with the screen off so no degrading. And the feel isn't rubbery. I used Zagg shields for years and I now much prefer Ghost (but I read Zagg is better that they used to be). The feel of sliding my finger on the screen is just the slightest bit different but not enough to bother. I'm quite happy with my decision. I can't use a case. While the size and wright doesn't bother me I can't see adding to it. I want to be able to use and enjoy my phone without worry but also without adding a lot of bulk. The skin gives me that.

koldmiser

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Currently going naked. I tried using Clear Coat full body, but the edges of the clear coat attracted so much lint I took it off. I did order an otter box commuter for times where I might want a little extra protection. Otherwise I'm enjoying my naked phone. It's a little slippery at times, but ok.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3