Just Ordered my Yellow Lumia 920 from Walmart. How long is their shipping delay?

alvarezjpr

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I gave up on waiting and switched my order of two yellow 920s for two white 920s and they'll be here tomorrow. Did the switch on Saturday.

the real smackbo

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I did the switch too .. My black 920 was over 3 weeks out so I switched it to red .. And I gotta say I like it better .. Maybe because noone else has a pimped out red phone

Dr. Impossible

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I ordered mine on November 26th, and also got the standard "sorry, high demand" email. I had an online chat with a Walmart Wireless rep on Monday (December 5th), who, after some persistent prodding on my part, said that he was "confident it would ship out to me within two weeks."

I'm taking it for what it's worth, but I'll be happy if I have it before Christmas.

Anyone rocking a Stryper avatar should get a yellow 920 for free on principle of awesomeness.

Thanks

-Doc

VisceralMonkey

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
My red got here today. And yes, it's awesome. I have no problems so far and am relieved after reading so many threads about issues.Seriously, I was having doubts about ordering one, but it's a quality phone.

spiffus

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
So it's that Monday.. has anybody's stuff shipped yet?

Mine has not, even though I chatted with Walmart Wireless *again* on Friday, and the rep's response was "we will be receiving more Yellow Lumia 920s on 12/10." As the day went on, and it became apparent that mine was not among the received, I initiated *another* chat with Walmart Wireless, and their response was essentially a "we're sorry it's taken this long, we feel your pain, it should be soon, but we can't promise anything specific." Which, in fairness, it's not their problem, but it would be nice if Nokia (or whomever) would let us know *something* regarding the delay and a reasonable time frame in which we could expect our Lumias to ship (e.g. "between December 15 and 22").

Hopefully they're delayed because Nokia didn't anticipate the high demand, and is trying to catch production up with the market demand. That would be sweet. And seeing how finely crafted they appear to be, it's probably not something they can kick out on an assembly line in a few hours.

I'm just hoping I get it soon. That would be nice.

beej

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I'm just itching for mine! Well, my whole family wants theirs. I'm worried that we'll have to pay stupid T-Mobile for another month of service if they don't ship soon.

If they at least gave us number of backordered phones and our place in line, I'd be fine with that.

This is just ridiculous...but not really. I know it's a phone...

beej

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I just got off chat with Walmart Wireless, and here's the best nugget I could get:

Manoj P :Our management team is trying to get the stock in bulk bad process all the orders in a day or so."

Me: Oh, so it may ship this week (of course, no promises...)?
Manoj P : yes, you are correct.

Wouldn't that be awesome? I'm not holding my breath, though...

infdl

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Here's how I got a yellow one: ordered yellow 920 online - "processing" status for way too long - cancelled order - bought white one at at&t store - saw a Microsoft store at the mall - they had three yellow 920's, told em to hold one for me - sold white 920 on Craigslist - ran to the Microsoft store and told em "shut up and take my money!!"

avi920

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Could you tell me from which location you ordered because when I contacted walmart wireless in the chat they said that they do not have any color of Nokia Lumia 920 in their stock :(. I am from San Antonio, Texas.

avi920

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
This is the update I get from chat with the Wireless walmart guy

Bhaskarjyoti : We have 655 orders of Nokia Lumia 920 Black, 610 ordes of Nokia Lumia 920 Red, 341 orders of Nokia Lumia 920 White, 1150 of Nokia Lumia 920 Cyan and 760 orders of Nokia Lumia 920 Yellow.

beej

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I ordered online on 11.28. So I'm not even at the seeming minimum of 2 weeks. But I'm impatient. I'm in Seattle, WA.

And I'd be willing to cancel and go to at&t or the Microsoft Store, but my family would rather have the extra $100 than the free charger...

knobturner75

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Well, I ordered a Cyan 920 from WalMart on 11/10. After waiting a while, I was also told a shipment was coming in on 12/3. I was really hoping to get lucky since I ordered on the second day of availability, but I didn't. So, I patiently waited till today to chat with them again. Bad thing is today the rep says,

"Unfortunately, the supply of Nokia Lumia 920 Cyan phone is currently on hold by the manufacturer for uncertain date."

Not at all what i wanted to hear. Looks like I'm gonna research some other avenues. I really want the Cyan, but I may have to change colors.

beej

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Just got this email for each of the Lumias that I ordered:

Walmart Wireless Order Number: xxxxxxxxx

Dear beej,

We haven’t yet received word yet on when we’ll get the Nokia Lumia 920 phone; but we remain confident that it is coming soon. We talk with AT&T several times a day and have received a number of previously unavailable phones; but this one remains very popular and, so far, hard to come by in volume nationwide.

Once we hear a solid date that we can communicate we will send you an email and let you know exactly when we will begin shipping. You will receive an update on or before 4pm Friday, 12/14. Please know that we are not satisfied with the experience you have had with Walmart Wireless and are doing everything in our power to fulfill your order quickly. We greatly appreciate your patience.

Sincerely,

Your Friends at Walmart Wireless

Not bad...probably annoyed that I keep asking every 3-4 days... :grin:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital