How many of you that received one of the first batch of 920s still have their first phone?

InnocuousScreenname

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I still have my Launch Day Black Lumia 920. I thought I had an issue with the battery being stuck at 100%, but it turns out this is a Nokia thing. Something about turning off the battery circuit when it reaches 97% or so charge, but the phone still shows 100% charge, etc. I'd post the site explaining it, but I'm not sure if that's in line with forum rules.

Anyhow, yeah, Lumia 920 works perfectly.

theta orionis

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Bought my black 920 on launch day (ATT Richmond) and have had none of the problems I'm reading about here. I hope Nokia is taking notice and is working diligently to correct these issues. This is a great phone but if I had waited to get one and then read about these issues, I probably would have passed; (not sure I would have stuck around for a third or fourth phone!) I hope those affected get some satisfaction; this is a seriously good phone!

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm still happy with mine. My phone rattles when it vibrates but to me that is more of a design issue and its annoyance or lack thereof is subjective. All of the features work well and since I did a flash of the AT&T firmware detailed in the sticky on how to revive a bricked Lumia I have not had any of of the nagging errors I had previously. Heat is not an issue and after draining the battery and recharging it I get over a day's worth of usage on the phone.

ZombieBacchus

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
My first one from launch day was getting VERY hot to the touch but there was nothing else wrong. I exchanged it and now my new 920 runs mostly cool and if playing games for a long time gets slightly warm. The only bad thing is this one has that rattle when on vibrate. I hardly ever use vibrate so I am ok with it.

jdhooghe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm still happy with mine. My phone rattles when it vibrates but to me that is more of a design issue and its annoyance or lack thereof is subjective. All of the features work well and since I did a flash of the AT&T firmware detailed in the sticky on how to revive a bricked Lumia I have not had any of of the nagging errors I had previously. Heat is not an issue and after draining the battery and recharging it I get over a day's worth of usage on the phone.

So do you think maybe that the majority of the issues arrise because of improperly flashed software?

jdandison

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I still have mine & my wife still has hers. No issues thus far, save for some dust/lint covering the front-facing camera, which is fairly annoying. Considering swapping it, but I figure it'll just happen again.

Cecil Roth

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Got mine at local AT&T store; works great; best phone I've ever owned. Noticed a comment about being slippery...it is. To remedy that I bought a thin black case for about $3.00 that has rubberized coating; not slippery. For even more safety, I added a small lanyard strap (the kind you get with cameras). All I had to do was drill a small hole in the case and attach. It's now a perfect phone AND camera. And the camera is fantastic; blows away some of my digital cameras!

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
We need a second poll asking how many people who returned their phone did it for legitimate reasons, and how many did it because they thought their battery was faulty when it wasn't, or because of a software problem or because of some minuscule blemish or perceived imperfection that most people wouldn't even notice. I bet that represents at least 1/2 of the people who returned their phones based upon the things I've read on this forum.

electriclamb

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
still have mine, despite dust under the front camera, screen slightly raised at bottom right (not seated correctly), scratch on screen, and heat markings on the back i would rather not deal with the time of trying to get another and none of these things really matter to me. It does everything else right.

Gurggles

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I still have mine. The only "defect" I had worry about was some packaging adhesive that wouldn't come off easily! I had better luck this round than with my 900

RuleOfSines

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Still have mine, though it rattles on vibrate, knocks when you shake it, and has dust under the camera. None of these issues have given me real concern to return it though, maybe if it turns out to be a real issue I will address it with Nokia.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon