Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

As title says, if not naked, what case do you have on your 920?

I've never been one to use a case as I generally baby my handsets, but I'd really like to protect this one and keep it around. I picked up one of the 920s in cyan, so I'd prefer some sort of clear case, or find a nice leather pouch/case that encases the ENTIRE phone. It seems that the ones I come across only cover the front and back, and leaves either the sides or the top and bottom of the phone exposed.

Can anyone recommend some sort of clear/gel case that fits the 920 pretty snug, or a leather pouch? I've seen a bunch of the clear cases on eBay but they all either look really cheap or it's Photoshopped around the phone. I just want to make sure that I am getting a case that will fit the 920 properly. Maybe I am just too picky?

I also picked up a screen protector from AT&T for $25 and on the first day it was falling off and covered in b***s***. I only had it in my purse, which had nothing in the main compartment, just the phone. I returned it immediately. What kind of screen protector do you use?

Sorry for the length over a phone case, haha.
    aubreyq, Duvi and Cam Loeb like this.

Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    The phone is too sexy to cover up!

I have been looking into getting Ghost Armor on mine. They have Clear/Matte options that seem really nice don't help much for drops but still..

Rock & Mei Feng appear to be good value. Might get one of each, the MF has a Matte finish so extra non-slippy!
    It's gotta go naked. It has the body I would kill for!

I'm naked, no rubber protection...

i'd like to hear what people have too. I just picked up a 920 yesterday and would get a case just for better grip

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    They make cases for the 920???

(Says the person in Canada where there are NO accessories for this phone yet.)
    aubreyq likes this.

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    i have the front/rear protector from ebay. it's already paid for itself.

Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    White & black Speck candy shell case and Xtreme Guard screen protector. Have to say I love the combination of both. The case is one that AT&T offers and I like how it has areas on the back and sides that are grippy. Being that I have a white 920 this case is perfect for it. Also I used a code that was posted somewhere on these boards and got two of the screen protectors for $3 which included shipping. They have great reviews, was easy to put on if you've done wet applications before and came out great. It doesn't hamper anything and the screen still feels ultra smooth.

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    I have a simple soft shell gel case from eBay. Got a Red one so my phone would stay red :)
    Red Lumia 920

Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Amazon.com: Worldshopping Candy Color Red Glossy Skin Soft TPU Gel Case Cover For Nokia Lumia 920 + Free Accessory: Cell Phones & Accessories

they have every color. it fits nicely. with it on, phone doesnt get hotter than it normally does.
    Quote Originally Posted by tebugg View Post
    Amazon.com: Worldshopping Candy Color Red Glossy Skin Soft TPU Gel Case Cover For Nokia Lumia 920 + Free Accessory: Cell Phones & Accessories

they have every color. it fits nicely. with it on, phone doesnt get hotter than it normally does.
    You can see phone colour underneath. Kills the beauty, no?

I am using a "naked" case :)
    Love the feel of the 920, I don't think I will get a case ever.

i would get a case as the phone is a beautiful device. Dropped mine the other day from a rambler roof, scratched the corner... :[ NOTE: It will get scratch, just because it is full polycarb does not mean it would not scratch.... i have a Cyan if it matter.

Quote Originally Posted by tebugg View Post

I've used the same guy to give my black 920 some colour, here are some pics so you can see the fit, a bit loose on the top and bottom edges but not bad.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2012-12-01-391.jpg   2012-12-01-392.jpg   2012-12-01-393.jpg   2012-12-01-394.jpg   2012-12-01-396.jpg  

2012-12-01-400.jpg  

Just ceranwrap the *******.

No, Im not using a case, nor will I. Id rather just be careful and perhaps get a warranty.

I had full body Ghost Armor put on mine. They have a kiosk at the mall. It wraps quite nicely all around the back from screen edge to screen edge. It also has end pieces. I used the clear because I like my red phone. The screen protector is perfectly clear, no orange peel and doesn't feel rubbery at all (unlike the Zagg of old). You can't even tell a screen protector is on, even with the phone off.

OP, I'm a woman who carries a purse (a very small purse) so I know what you're talking about. I like Ghost Armor because it adds no weight or bulk but I don't worry about my keys, change or anything. The other thing I use are port plugs. I have one in the USB port and one in the headphone jack. I have found over the years that my phones attract lint and it causes problems. With wireless charging using a port plug is is really easy. So my 920 is locked up tight but doesn't look like it.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,947 Global Posts
    I'm using a pouch that I used for my EVO LTE & GS3. It's all beat up and will order a replacement on eBay again.

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    I have a black jcase I got from eBay and a cyan meifeng case I got from eBay. Both were about $5 . The black jcase is perfect. The cyan case sits close to the flash and a blue hue over takes the photo so I have to trim it a little but otherwise its perfect
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,947 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by krystea View Post
    As title says, if not naked, what case do you have on your 920?

I've never been one to use a case as I generally baby my handsets, but I'd really like to protect this one and keep it around. I picked up one of the 920s in cyan, so I'd prefer some sort of clear case, or find a nice leather pouch/case that encases the ENTIRE phone. It seems that the ones I come across only cover the front and back, and leaves either the sides or the top and bottom of the phone exposed.

Can anyone recommend some sort of clear/gel case that fits the 920 pretty snug, or a leather pouch? I've seen a bunch of the clear cases on eBay but they all either look really cheap or it's Photoshopped around the phone. I just want to make sure that I am getting a case that will fit the 920 properly. Maybe I am just too picky?

I also picked up a screen protector from AT&T for $25 and on the first day it was falling off and covered in b***s***. I only had it in my purse, which had nothing in the main compartment, just the phone. I returned it immediately. What kind of screen protector do you use?

Sorry for the length over a phone case, haha.
    Amazon.com: NOKIA 6790 SURGE (AT&T) Black Horizontal Premium Faux Leather Pouch Cover Case With Belt Clip And Belt Loops.[WCD77]: Cell Phones & Accessories

Found it... it was amazon. Was wondering why I couldn't find it.

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod
    I have a case that is better than the Otterbox defender for the iPhone. It is called NO CASE for the 920. It is protective, yet doesn't take the beauty away.
    Thanked by:

Otterbox commuter case

Haven't received it yet

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Bought a hard two piece snap on case for mine. I love this phone and I'm sure I will baby it for the next two years, but you can never be too safe. Accidents happen all the time. A lot of us don't want to pay insurance, so a case is a pretty good buy. My case doesn't take away from the beauty of my L920 either, so it's the best of both world :P
    Banned

Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    I have a Speck case now and the screen protector AT&T pimps out. Still use wireless charging and the screen is very responsive.

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    Here are the 2 cases I got on eBay for $4-5 free shipping each.
    Both fit great. I love the look of both . I use the black one for work and the cyan to cover my cyan 920 for the weekends and nights. Only issue with the cyan case is that it hugs the flash so a blue tint hits the pictures so you have to trim a little around the flash. They both provide really good grip
    http://tinyurl.com/ccp4hbc
    http://tinyurl.com/bmsl4pe
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast