Yellow Lumia 920

JConn_Lefty

Jan 1, 1970
Visit site
My buddy is in the market for this particular color, but seems to be out EVERYWHERE.

What's the deal?

nokia/microsoft underestimated the demand.

tell your friend to give it time. if anything, the new batches should have some of the major problems with the 920 fixed.

Dr. Impossible

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
That is sage advice. I will offer up 2 places I know to have them. I ordered one last night from the Microsoft website. I spoke with 2 reps who both assured me the color was in stock and then recieved an email today saying it was delayed as the 'new shipment is en route to us now....blahbity, blahbity...'

It is supposedly on it's way and it is 'available' or whatever defenition of that word MS is currently using. Go to this link Buy Nokia Lumia 920 AT&T Windows Phone - Microsoft Store Online, click 'Shop this phone', when the page loads up, click 'Change Device' or click Top Smartphones With Windows Phone 8 | Microsoft Mobile Phones then you will see the Yellow 920. It's hidden, by Microsoft intranet golems. I got the phone for $499 + the annual $69 device protection, which I think is way better, cheaper than AT&T and covers you up to 3 replacements.

The other place is www.gsmnation.com . They have it, unlocked, in stock for $789.00. Pricey, yes, but can be used virtually anywhere. I just saw this in another thread tonite and had I known, may have gone for that instead even tho the price is pretty steep.

Hope that helps

Thanks

-Doc

LordXaero

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
That is sage advice. I will offer up 2 places I know to have them. I ordered one last night from the Microsoft website. I spoke with 2 reps who both assured me the color was in stock and then recieved an email today saying it was delayed as the 'new shipment is en route to us now....blahbity, blahbity...'

It is supposedly on it's way and it is 'available' or whatever defenition of that word MS is currently using. Go to this link Buy Nokia Lumia 920 AT&T Windows Phone - Microsoft Store Online, click 'Shop this phone', when the page loads up, click 'Change Device' or click Top Smartphones With Windows Phone 8 | Microsoft Mobile Phones then you will see the Yellow 920. It's hidden, by Microsoft intranet golems. I got the phone for $499 + the annual $69 device protection, which I think is way better, cheaper than AT&T and covers you up to 3 replacements.

The other place is www.gsmnation.com . They have it, unlocked, in stock for $789.00. Pricey, yes, but can be used virtually anywhere. I just saw this in another thread tonite and had I known, may have gone for that instead even tho the price is pretty steep.

Hope that helps

Thanks

-Doc

Thanks for the information, but I believe my friend is looking to upgrade through AT&T. Not sure he wants to spend more than the $99 upgrade.

Dr. Impossible

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
He can do the same thing going thru the MS site as well. I know because the rep I ordered from gave me flak for not having an account already. ;)

Thanks

-Doc

dharmababa

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Looks like Microsoft Store uses the same backend provider as Walmart Wireless -- Simplexity. (I noticed the websites and confirmation emails were identical except for the store name at the top.)

Given that several people have been waiting for Yellow from Walmart since late Nov (or 12/2 in my case), I doubt MS Store online will be better assuming Simplexity just has one set of inventory.

I did try submitting an order for a yellow 920 through MicrosoftStore.com using the instructions above and it was put into the same "awaiting inventory" status as my Walmart order. I cancelled it afterwards since I don't want 2 pending orders.

So... I don't think there at any secret ways other than being patient and watching ATT.com or trying a Microsoft store/pop up if you're near one.

HM02

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Just got another email from Microsoft, saying my Lumia won't be shipped before 2013. I can continue to wait or cancel the order. So I cancelled.
I ordered the yellow one, at the online Microsoft store on the 29th of November. Amazon, AT&T, Walmart, they're all out of stock.
Looks like I'll never get it..
gJAMy.png

TaichiSurface

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
actually GSM Nation doesn't have it nor does every other online retailer for that sake Nokia Lumia 920 Yellow it's still for pre-order only. I LOOOVE someone to correct me if I'm wrong, because then I'll be able to get it one, but from what I can see, none of them is actually shipping a yellow one international unlocked version. They have black or white though.

WOAHesco

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I ordered the phone on premier when I saw on this thread that it was available and it SHIPPED TODAYYYYYY. It's expected to come in by the end of the day on monday, even the wireless charger got shipped and is coming along with the phone. :)

I'm getting it for my sister since I already have my cyan 920.

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
actually GSM Nation doesn't have it nor does every other online retailer for that sake Nokia Lumia 920 Yellow it's still for pre-order only. I LOOOVE someone to correct me if I'm wrong, because then I'll be able to get it one, but from what I can see, none of them is actually shipping a yellow one international unlocked version. They have black or white though.

When Doc posted, the Yellow, Red and White Lumia 920 were indeed in stock. They ran out of them in a matter of a few days. They just recently changed the ordering to "PreOrder" from the BackOrdered, though I have no idea why.

Ethere

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
The yellow took 2 week to ship once I ordered mine. Definitely worth the wait though. Don't cancel unless you can guarantee you can buy it elsewhere and get it sooner.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3