How to enable LTE (Lumia 920 from Thailand)

neonstar

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I bought a Lumia 920 in Thailand.

The guy who sold the phone told me that the phone was unlocked and supported LTE.

After coming back to Korea where I live, the phone is working great except for LTE.

I bought an LTE micro-usim and registered an LTE data plan, too.

But, I can't see the 4G or LTE on display nor the option in the setting menu.

What else I could try??

I read about 'Field test' app but usually peaple talked about disable LTE.

Is there any way to turn on LTE, or at least to check this phone really support LTE or not?

flame l

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I bought a Lumia 920 in Thailand.

The guy who sold the phone told me that the phone was unlocked and supported LTE.

After coming back to Korea where I live, the phone is working great except for LTE.

I bought an LTE micro-usim and registered an LTE data plan, too.

But, I can't see the 4G or LTE on display nor the option in the setting menu.

What else I could try??

I read about 'Field test' app but usually peaple talked about disable LTE.

Is there any way to turn on LTE, or at least to check this phone really support LTE or not?

This may help you ,download.fds-ncom.nokia.com/supportFiles/phones/files/pdf_guides/devices/Lumia920/Nokia_Lumia_920_UG_en-US.pdf | Awesome Screenshot

neonstar

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, there is no 4G selection in that option. Only 2G and 3G. That's why I think the OS block the LTE.

I think about flashing a different firmware. Does it work? Did anyone flash a different firmware from the original one?

Pontusosterlindh

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi!

i have enabled LTE option on my phone (Red Lumia 920, im from sweden but the phone are from norway)

Test this:

1. ##3282#
2. Check if u get any info about ur LTE in LTE fields. if u dont get something lets move on.
3. Open Settings(u can find settings down to the right) https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=51DCE8103FB1EDB8!452&authkey=!AEGnOOV0cZjnMNY
4. go in and change "network type" to 4G only if u have it here. https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=51DCE8103FB1EDB8!451&authkey=!AJkRVUKhASKORS0
IF you dont have 4G only option in here at field test, then u need another firmware. i donno if u can flash a 920n yet.

5. This is if you can see 4G only (congratz!), choose 4G only and check your if u got 4G/LTE connection by checking your topbar (double tap topbar)
if u do? lets move on.
6.Change Network type to automatic, Enable "Toggle ENS" and reboot the phone, then check that u got 4G/LTE

had only 3G yesterday https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=51DC...#cid=51DCE8103FB1EDB8&id=51DCE8103FB1EDB8!449
Have 4G / LTE today :) https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=51DC...#cid=51DCE8103FB1EDB8&id=51DCE8103FB1EDB8!453

Gagman

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I was speaking with Nokia Care recently. I've got Lumia 920, but my carrier does not support the LTE services, and that's why there is not such a data speed setting in my Lumia.
So I asked if it is permanent and depending on ROM version...
The Nokia Care informed me that all international Lumias are "LTE unlocked" so all I need is:
- new carrier's LTE sim card
- new carrier's settings for LTE connection added manually in Access Point
- being in area where the LTE works

that's what they said :)

Pontusosterlindh

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I was speaking with Nokia Care recently. I've got Lumia 920, but my carrier does not support the LTE services, and that's why there is not such a data speed setting in my Lumia.
So I asked if it is permanent and depending on ROM version...
The Nokia Care informed me that all international Lumias are "LTE unlocked" so all I need is:
- new carrier's LTE sim card
- new carrier's settings for LTE connection added manually in Access Point
- being in area where the LTE works

that's what they said :)

well in some roms nokia had to disable LTE because of the carrier doesnt want the phone to support LTE until the carrier are done with their upgrades. Thats what i got from nokia, when i was asking about why swedish sold 920 were unlocked but not norways 920. but its gonna come rom update for this soon :)
So if the phone are unbranded it should have LTE option if u got a carrier that support LTE :) Nokias fault partially :p

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Does the box of those who CAN choose 4g/LTE say "4G Ready" on the box, or "4G Enabled" or something different?

Because as it is, there are two types of 920s;
4G- Ready, meaning they have the HW but needs a SW update in order to utilize 4G/LTE. You wont find 4G in settings on this version. Says 4G-Ready on my box, not sure if thats standard.
4G-Enabled, meaning they have the HW and the SW to utilize 4G/LTE. Here you will find 4G in settings, even if you have a 3G SIMcard and your carrier only supports 3G.

Pontusosterlindh

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Does the box of those who CAN choose 4g/LTE say "4G Ready" on the box, or "4G Enabled" or something different?

Because as it is, there are two types of 920s;
4G- Ready, meaning they have the HW but needs a SW update in order to utilize 4G/LTE. You wont find 4G in settings on this version. Says 4G-Ready on my box, not sure if thats standard.
4G-Enabled, meaning they have the HW and the SW to utilize 4G/LTE. Here you will find 4G in settings, even if you have a 3G SIMcard and your carrier only supports 3G.

on my phone that dident have 4G/LTE enabled as standard, it says 4G Only, not enabled or ready.

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Ah okay.

Well if you cant find 4g/LTE in your list, its most likely because its not enabled via SW yet.

Nokia has stated that an unlock update for non-4G Lumia920s in Norway is due around February.

Could be that other dates (sooner or later, who knows) are in effect for other regions. My handset from Clove, for instance, could get it as early as January.

Pontusosterlindh

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Okey, why maybe norway gets LTE later is because that the carriers in the area doesnt have full support on LTE, so nokia was forced to sell locked phones.
But since im in sweden, im gonna get an update earlier, maybe just like you at january.

anyway, hope nokia and microsoft push out the updates soon and doesnt change the dates..

neonstar

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi!

i have enabled LTE option on my phone (Red Lumia 920, im from sweden but the phone are from norway)

Test this:

1. ##3282#
2. Check if u get any info about ur LTE in LTE fields. if u dont get something lets move on.
3. Open Settings(u can find settings down to the right) https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=51DCE8103FB1EDB8!452&authkey=!AEGnOOV0cZjnMNY
4. go in and change "network type" to 4G only if u have it here. https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=51DCE8103FB1EDB8!451&authkey=!AJkRVUKhASKORS0
IF you dont have 4G only option in here at field test, then u need another firmware. i donno if u can flash a 920n yet.

5. This is if you can see 4G only (congratz!), choose 4G only and check your if u got 4G/LTE connection by checking your topbar (double tap topbar)
if u do? lets move on.
6.Change Network type to automatic, Enable "Toggle ENS" and reboot the phone, then check that u got 4G/LTE

had only 3G yesterday https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=51DCE8103FB1EDB8&id=51DCE8103FB1EDB8%21405#cid=51DCE8103FB1EDB8&id=51DCE8103FB1EDB8%21449
Have 4G / LTE today :) https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=51DC...#cid=51DCE8103FB1EDB8&id=51DCE8103FB1EDB8!453

I tried just what you said.

I found 4G only option at Field Test, but never saw LTE or 4G on the topbar.

Then, I did the rest of procedure, and no lte.

Maybe the problem is related in APN setting.

Alex Rodriguez

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Maybe your phone doesn't support LTE or is disabled, majority of European or international versions of the phone that come unlock doesn't have it because there are no carriers with LTE there. There is only 3g and 4g

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Okey, why maybe norway gets LTE later is because that the carriers in the area doesnt have full support on LTE, so nokia was forced to sell locked phones.
But since im in sweden, im gonna get an update earlier, maybe just like you at january.

anyway, hope nokia and microsoft push out the updates soon and doesnt change the dates..

Actually, the 4G network of Telenor here opened just last week, so Telenor asked if Nokia would supply them with 4G-enabled handsets for sale, which Nokia of course did.

The rest of the market however does not have 4G (Telenors competitors, like Netcom (same as Telia, with another name)). So they simply got devices that need unlocks to be 4G devices.

Im assuming thats what every phone is about when it doesnt have a 4G/LTE setting choice, at least thats what Telenor techreps and Nokia reps have told me so far.

And yes, would be fun to get 4G enabled soon. Though I dont use my phone as a wifi hotspot for a computer, so it doesnt really matter to me. H+ is quite adequate for general use for now :) .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abigial