12-25-2012, 07:19 PM #1
- 3 Posts
I've been trying to share some simple pictures through NFC with my wife and I can not seem to get it to work. I 'calibrated' my phone with the NFC sticker that came with it in the box, and that works fine. But when I press share on a picture and press "tap and send" it tells me to put my phone up against hers, but nothing happens. She has a Samsung galaxy s3 and she can do the NFC sharing with other gs3's, which leads me to think that something is wrong with MY phone.
I have "tap+send" turned on in settings and Bluetooth too. Am I missing something, cam you only use NFC if the two devices are the same, or is there something wrong with my phone??
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
- 12-25-2012, 08:29 PM #2
IIRC, you can only send contact information and URLs from a Nokia to a Samsung and vice versa (not sure if this is software limitation due to Nokia, Microsoft, Samsung and/or Android). You can share photos and other things with another WP8, just a Samsung can share with other Samsung's.
12-25-2012, 09:48 PM #3
- 2 Posts
As far as I know, WP8 has issues with "formatting" NFC tags, meaning what you try and send to an Android phone won't show up right cause it can't understand it. I've tried a few times to Tap+Send with friends who have Android phones, with no luck (shows up with a url/link to the sd card on wp8)
- By jensenharris in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 4Last Post: 05-01-2013, 02:10 AM
- By neonstar in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 20Last Post: 01-07-2013, 10:05 AM
- By Mr_Great in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 1Last Post: 12-25-2012, 07:12 PM
- By tarzanmarzan in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 0Last Post: 11-23-2012, 12:11 AM
- By Incision in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 34Last Post: 11-10-2012, 04:03 AM