Does the Lumia have a Do Not Disturb function? Or Profiles?

wayneholbrook

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering if amyone knows if the Lumia has a do not distrub or profiles?

Example: You worked all night and now you want to sleep so you silence the phone but you can have a few exceptions if certain people call you it will ring through, if not all the rst of the callers go to voicemail.

Blackberry had this for years, now the iphone got it last year but its a watered down version of what blackberry had. Anyone know of this?

Last edited:

wayneholbrook

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Well I bought the 920 a few days ago as my secondary phone to see if I would like it. My main phone is a iPhone 5. I got pretty bored with the OS so I wanted dot try windows which I still think is way better than Andriod. After a few days I think I might be returning the phone. Wasn't an easy decision but at the end of the day with the OS not having a do not disturb / profile, no rotation lock, no toggling between vibrate, ringers and so on, it's just to many things that I use on a daily basis that I would need. I don't use more than a few apps so the market place is fine for me. Also I still think Skype is not as clear as FaceTime from my experiences over wifi and LTE.

These are just my thoughts. I am still debating it because I do like the OS, it looks very good and feels very good but I don't think it has come far enough. I wish this wasn't the case because again its a nice looking OS.

awesomeindeed

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
You can toggle between ring and vibrate, just FYI. Just turn the screen on, hit a volume button and you can press on the icon in the upper right-hand corner to select a ring profile.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Well I bought the 920 a few days ago as my secondary phone to see if I would like it. My main phone is a iPhone 5. I got pretty bored with the OS so I wanted dot try windows which I still think is way better than Andriod. After a few days I think I might be returning the phone. Wasn't an easy decision but at the end of the day with the OS not having a do not disturb / profile, no rotation lock, no toggling between vibrate, ringers and so on, it's just to many things that I use on a daily basis that I would need. I don't use more than a few apps so the market place is fine for me. Also I still think Skype is not as clear as FaceTime from my experiences over wifi and LTE.

These are just my thoughts. I am still debating it because I do like the OS, it looks very good and feels very good but I don't think it has come far enough. I wish this wasn't the case because again its a nice looking OS.

Let me ask you this have you really given the OS a chance? Put your sim in the phone and just used it as a daily driver for a week? Do you feel like you really know what WP can do? Take a look through these threads.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...ood-things-about-wp8-why-wp-will-succeed.html
http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8/204483-wp8-newbie-tips.html

See if there is anything you have missed. In the end if iPhone is what you want well we have a Nation for that. I would rather see you stay here.

wayneholbrook

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Let me ask you this have you really given the OS a chance? Put your sim in the phone and just used it as a daily driver for a week? Do you feel like you really know what WP can do? Take a look through these threads.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...ood-things-about-wp8-why-wp-will-succeed.html
http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8/204483-wp8-newbie-tips.html

See if there is anything you have missed. In the end if iPhone is what you want well we have a Nation for that. I would rather see you stay here.

I didn't realize the iPhone 5 had the same size sim as the Lumia. I reviewed the link you posted and I wouldn't mind trying what you suggested

Dave Blake

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I didn't realize the iPhone 5 had the same size sim as the Lumia. I reviewed the link you posted and I wouldn't mind trying what you suggested

Sorry about that some people cant control their silliness.

iPhone 5 maybe not my 4S was the same card but I think they changed sim with the 5. I could be wrong. If you stop at the ATT store they can get everything set up I do this a lot it has always been free.

uktivo

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
I know how the op feels. I too miss the profiles you can set up. Lets hope there will be an app for it sometime.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

fmcgirt

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I know how the op feels. I too miss the profiles you can set up. Lets hope there will be an app for it sometime.

I totally agree but it may not happen since it took Apple until IOS6 to get a simple profile function implemented. I often wonder if these phone designers use their products or go to meetings or sleep. Or maybe they never enjoyed the convenience of a Blackberry with profiles. I once asked an Apple Tech Support guy if the profile idea had ever been mentioned in their feedback back to Apple and he said, "Why would you want that?" He had no clue what I was talking about. Oh well.....

Noregrebt

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
This is the feature I miss most from Android. I was using Llama so I could have my sound profile change automatically based on time of day or keywords in my calendar. Hopefully we get something for this sooner than later. Still enjoying the phone more than Android, just miss this one thing.

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site
If we look closely, Nokia is porting its features from Symbian to its lumias as exclusive apps, so maybe in future we could see an app like the one in Symbian called Nokia locations in lumia.

Meanwhile do chk my app ideas for WP which i posted in Nokia your wish is my app contest. Vote them, there are chances that they may come TRUE. I also posted a similar app called KICK-START, do chk that and vote them. Here are the details- HTTP://mobihalo.wordpress.com

uktivo

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
This is the feature I miss most from Android. I was using Llama so I could have my sound profile change automatically based on time of day or keywords in my calendar. Hopefully we get something for this sooner than later. Still enjoying the phone more than Android, just miss this one thing.

Llama is an excellent app.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Dave Blake

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
yet ironically Windows Mobile did. And Symbian that Nokia came from did via Situations

Sure and 3 to 5 times a week it would malfunction not go off at all.

What does any of this have to do with the OP question? Nothing! If you attempt to derail this thread I will delete your posts. Address the OP question. Then take your thread crapping somewhere else.

RSB54

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
isn't FaceTime an Apple only app? If so its not really an alternative to Skype, at least not everyone I know is i-Only.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon