Absolutely problem free Lumia 920 owner's thread

anon(5355319)

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Rogers L920 here in Canada and it's flawless! I have the impression that the AT&T variants have the most defects, judging from the problem related threads here in the forums.

karmamule

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm still loving mine. I had a few ups and downs with battery life in the first couple weeks, and then after letting it fully run-down and recharge it's been PHENOMENAL since then, surprisingly so! (Not sure of any causality of the full discharge/charge cycle leading to that, but it did improve a lot immediately after that, and I'm not normally one to do that sort of thing.) I could probably go two full days of normal usage (including a few photos and a couple hours of listening to music) but usually just keep it topped off by tossing it on the charger once in a while. (LOVE the wireless charging, btw, more than I thought I would...)

The camera is superb (I can see some occasional softness, but it seems better after the update), and it's emphasis on lowlight photography fits well with how/when I most take pictures.

Sound is excellent, I love listening to music on my phone, and the 920 is the best I've had in terms of that too.

Display is beautiful, also best I've ever had on a phone.

Had a couple random restarts before the update, none since. Overall the most problem-free and enjoyable phone I've ever had.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I bought my Lumia 920 at launch and I still have the first one I bought. I've had absolutely no problems whatsoever. My battery life is great, all I had to do was uninstall Nokia Drive Beta and disable a few apps from running in the background to get it there. Fit and finish are perfect, no squeaks or rattles. Great phone!

Ethere

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Totally problem free, unlike my horrible Lumia 900 experience. Only thing I could wish for though, would be more apps! C'mon developers!

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I have no hardware issues with my 920,and my biggest software issue is the pc sync software.
Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_342 using Board Express

05Paris

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Two Red L920 ATT...flawless in every way; with all updates installed; battery life has increased from about 8 hrs to 3 days after Portico update.

wolftron

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I love my white lumia 920! so far the only problem I had was that my battery drained faster after the portico update, but after i turned off and on my phone again the battery was back to normal. Best phone I ever had! Im excited to see all the cool things we will get in the future :)

LPMLJM

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
Black 920 that's been absolutely perfect. This phone is totally awesome. Good battery life with relatively heavy usage every day.

sugarsmax321

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
red 920 from Poland here. absolutely perfect phone; no flaws or glitches in any way. love everything about it- especially running on Straight Talk unlimited plan for $45 a month. love how it finds wifi everywhere I go. Not sure I've even used my data plan lol. I can text my AF daughter halfway around the world for free.

gg31hh

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
ID (Indonesian) Lumia 920 Updated recently to portico... NO PROBLEM SO FAR>. LOVING IT still.

Im a designer therefore I often pay attention to way things work n how thing should b simple and clean......... I MUST SAY.. lumia 920 has its own style and a style that make other mobile Operating system a toy feel. The integration to all 3rd party apps; are excellent - as if the 3rd party apps are done by microsoft themself.

kuffcakes

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
black Lumia here purchased on December 27. No problems with creaking, wireless charging, over heating or battery drain.*just noticed creaking. There goes my post.

Last edited:

mikepas

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I've had my Lumia 920 (Black AT&T) for two weeks now and have not had any problems with it. I did notice some improvement in daylight photos after the Portico update but even before that it was a great camera for one on a phone.

MerlotC

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
My red 920 and sons yellow 920 are problem free with Portico on ATT. I guess if I were a super anal type I could push on the sim area and make it squeak and think that's a problem :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes