Phone Exchange Backup???

MF73

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi all, I have to exchange my phone due to people not being able to hear me on calls. Apparently this is known problem on certain batches of phones. My question is how easy is it to get back all my apps and settings etc. I have gone into settings and set the backup option to backup everything, basically settings and app list and SMS. When I get my new phone is it just a matter of putting in the same Microsoft ID email and then downloading the backup?

Thanks in advance.

LordGreylock

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
As long as your phone is set to backup under settings and you are using a live ID you should be set. I actually had to send my phone in to Nokia recently for an issue when I got my new phone back I just signed in and it started loading all my apps and settings right back into the phone.

Not to jack your thread but..
The one worrying thing about the phone I got back from Nokia is when I am at home I've had a few people tell me they can't hear me now, they tell me it sounds like I am very far away from the phone. I have only experience this in my home and nowhere else yet and it's not constant, it may only be for 10 seconds during a call off and on maybe a couple times. I thought there was another post on this forum about this issue but I just couldn't find it.

MF73

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Sounds very similar to the problem I am having LordGreylock!!! I will swap my phone in the next day or two when I have time to go to the shop, will let you know how I get on with the new handset...

MF73

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Argh, just got my replacement phone, turned it on, logged in using the live id I had on the last phone, it has restored some settings etc and some apps, but i missing quite a few apps and loads of games I have bought, has anyone used a restore backup, does it take quite a while to sync everything?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon