Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

68 Posts
    Anyone else have this happen to their phone?

Just randomly, I read a text and hit the back key, no vibration.

Tried using it in other apps and it's gone, tried a soft reset, didn't fix it.

Just called my phone, no vibration either.
    Maybe it was disabled? Check the settings? Did you receive any updates recently.

68 Posts
    Where is it at in settings?

And my ringtone vibration is still on, checked that before I called, no vibration.

No updates recently either, or new installs. Haven't done anything with my phones for days now and randomly lost vibration just a bit ago.

Just turned it off and back on, no vibrate either time. Crap. Seems like be vibration motor is done.
    Last edited by SofaTester; 01-05-2013 at 12:10 AM.

529 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,632 Global Posts
    Should be under ringtones and sounds

68 Posts
    Oh just the ringtone vibration? Thought he meant a more specific haptic setting.

Answered that already.

Guess I'll contact Nokia.

83 Posts
    Try shaking the phone a little bit. This happened to my 8X and giving the phone a little jiggle fixed the haptic feedback. Sounds weird I know, but it worked for me.

24 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Sofa, did you get in touch w/ Nokia? I've just had this happen to my Lumia 900.

I'll add, I did a power down / remove/replace sim / power up. When I powered back up, the phone *did* do the quick buzz. But the 3 capacitive buttons at the bottom still no longer give the haptic feedback I've grown to rely on :)
    Last edited by wpc4760; 02-05-2013 at 01:27 PM. Reason: adding info

136 Posts
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    I noticed my haptic feedback on the three capacitive bottom phone buttons are weak. I hope they don't give out and then disappear also. This is my second Lumia 920. The first had great feedback and also gave off a very white bright light. Unfortunately it kept freezing and rebooting on me so I got it replaced. This new Lumia 920 doesn't freeze or reboot, but I did notice the haptic feedback isn't as strong as the first one and also does not give off a white bright light, more like a yellowy green light.

15 Posts
    This just happened to me. I think all vibration capabilities, regardless of what context, are gone. None when I press the capacitive buttons, none when I get calls, etc... ��

2 Posts
    This is weird . i also lost the haptic feedback on the 3 buttons and the vibration on calls moments ago.. Just like that.