Lost haptic feedback on my 920

SofaTester

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else have this happen to their phone?

Just randomly, I read a text and hit the back key, no vibration.

Tried using it in other apps and it's gone, tried a soft reset, didn't fix it.

Just called my phone, no vibration either.

SofaTester

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Where is it at in settings?

And my ringtone vibration is still on, checked that before I called, no vibration.

No updates recently either, or new installs. Haven't done anything with my phones for days now and randomly lost vibration just a bit ago.

Just turned it off and back on, no vibrate either time. Crap. Seems like be vibration motor is done.

Last edited:

SofaTester

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Oh just the ringtone vibration? Thought he meant a more specific haptic setting.

Answered that already.

Guess I'll contact Nokia.

SaucePolicy

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Try shaking the phone a little bit. This happened to my 8X and giving the phone a little jiggle fixed the haptic feedback. Sounds weird I know, but it worked for me.

touchpad4760

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Sofa, did you get in touch w/ Nokia? I've just had this happen to my Lumia 900.

I'll add, I did a power down / remove/replace sim / power up. When I powered back up, the phone *did* do the quick buzz. But the 3 capacitive buttons at the bottom still no longer give the haptic feedback I've grown to rely on :)

Last edited:

Dinky89484

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I noticed my haptic feedback on the three capacitive bottom phone buttons are weak. I hope they don't give out and then disappear also. This is my second Lumia 920. The first had great feedback and also gave off a very white bright light. Unfortunately it kept freezing and rebooting on me so I got it replaced. This new Lumia 920 doesn't freeze or reboot, but I did notice the haptic feedback isn't as strong as the first one and also does not give off a white bright light, more like a yellowy green light.

sailorboi88

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
This just happened to me. I think all vibration capabilities, regardless of what context, are gone. None when I press the capacitive buttons, none when I get calls, etc... ��

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss