Luimia 920 warranty exchange - T-Mobile - UK

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I recently had to exchange my 920 and got it done through Nokia Care UK. Nokia arranged for the phone to be collected by a UPS courier which was then sent to the Nokia repair centre. It took a week for them to diagnose and finally send out a replacement phone. I honestly don't know how T-Mobile deal with exchanges but ultimately they would probably just send the phone to Nokia Care for inspection and replacement. This could extend the time before your phone is replaced. However, you should be given a loaner by T-Mobile while you wait for a replacement.

SuperSAT

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Worzel - What issues did you have with it?

Alphon - Lucky you! How did you manage that? Exactly what I need? What route did you go through? Have you paid extra for that service?

Thanks for replies.

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
@SuperSAT

My 920 died and refused to power back on. I tried all the usual resets but it wouldn't respond so Nokia replaced it with another one. What problems are you having with yours for you to need a replacement?

SuperSAT

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Not just the one...overheating (phone and charger), texts are failing (not all) and phone is freezing here and the brightness goes dim too.

How is your new device getting on?

alphonsohall

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Alphon - Lucky you! How did you manage that? Exactly what I need? What route did you go through? Have you paid extra for that service?

Mine had dust building up in the front camera, i called tmobile (i always deal with tmobile via online/phone, not their shops) and they straight away arranged a new 920 to be sent out to me with my old one handed back to the courier at the same time....no cost.

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Not just the one...overheating (phone and charger), texts are failing (not all) and phone is freezing here and the brightness goes dim too.

How is your new device getting on?

My new one is superb. The first one would freeze on a regular basis but the new one does not. It's a joy to use. Hopefully you'll get the same level of service as alphonsohall and get a replacement the next day.

SuperSAT

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Mine had dust building up in the front camera, i called tmobile (i always deal with tmobile via online/phone, not their shops) and they straight away arranged a new 920 to be sent out to me with my old one handed back to the courier at the same time....no cost.

Did you call 150 from your mobile? I might just do that. Are you on their 4g network? I know you get some extras with that. I am on the usual 3g.

SuperSAT

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
My new one is superb. The first one would freeze on a regular basis but the new one does not. It's a joy to use. Hopefully you'll get the same level of service as alphonsohall and get a replacement the next day.

Good to hear! I am hoping for the same. Did you get a boxed one?

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Working phone is main thing. I can go directly to Nokia or go through T-Mobile. Working out what would be the best way...

Well, comparing my experience with Alphonsos' he got the better the deal. A replacement handset the following day, whereas I had to endure an entire week without my phone while Nokia took their time trying to repair mine. T-Mobile might also give you a brand new boxed 920 too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon