Indian 920 corner

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
anyone saw the movie - Zero Dark Thirty ?
dvdrip is out on TPB, must watch movie ! Already Saw it oh man... soo much is revealed about Obama Bin Laden !

oh man.. the movie is very intense, not for kids & light hearten !

danish319

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Overrated movie and it mostly focused on how the operation was carried rather than revealing anything about Osama...There is a documentary made by discovery channel which is way better than the movie...anyways the phone will be available by Monday and some npd's are quoting 36999.... Kinda disappointed with the price tag and no info on the wireless charger...Was hoping for a bundle @37k which seems impossible :|

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Overrated movie and it mostly focused on how the operation was carried rather than revealing anything about Osama...There is a documentary made by discovery channel which is way better than the movie...anyways the phone will be available by Monday and some npd's are quoting 36999.... Kinda disappointed with the price tag and no info on the wireless charger...Was hoping for a bundle @37k which seems impossible :|
Says the kid with NEGATIVITY effects all around.. Soo much negativity.. Meh -_-
Anyways the NPD says the phones will be sold from Monday, i was like WTH.. !

Sameer Dhere

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Why are people cribbing about prices?
Compare them with prices in other countries (Off contract, unlocked) and you'll see they are not at all expensive. (In most cases you'll find Indian prices are lower)
Just because it doesn't match expectations doesn't mean phones are overpriced. Just because its out of budget doesn't mean Nokia will provide freebies.
Think from Nokia's perspective. They are here to make money and they're still offering phones at prices lower than many other countries.
Rather than taking prices emotionally accept the reality that phones are priced very well in India. And all of us know prices tend to come down after 2-3 months after the launch.
No offence meant to any individual. Had to post this because of the cribbing and negativity going on here since prices are declared.

Viveksagarwal

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Really happy that 920 is FINALLY launched in India. I really wanna go to NPD and try it out in real flesh & Blood :p
But[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Arial, sans-serif] can someone tel me if the Lumia 920 will support full 4G in India or not. I know Iphone 5 does. and if I have to buy such an expensive phone, i want to make sure that it will support 4G across mobile operators.
Thanks for the help.
[/FONT]

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Oh, comon guys, don't feel shy to accept the fact that you can't afford it and saying this amazing piece of tech as overpriced. It will not make you small. I cant buy it and i am perfectly ok with its price. Not because i had no chance of buying it, but due to the fact that Nokia deserves this.....

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Really happy that 920 is FINALLY launched in India. I really wanna go to NPD and try it out in real flesh & Blood :p
But[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Arial, sans-serif] can someone tel me if the Lumia 920 will support full 4G in India or not. I know Iphone 5 does. and if I have to buy such an expensive phone, i want to make sure that it will support 4G across mobile operators.
Thanks for the help.
[/FONT]

what will you do with it? :p

Btw, 920 support pentabend lte but out of those 5 bands, no one is TDD lte which is prominent in India. Only Videocon will launch FD lte in india which is supported by 920

danish319

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Says the kid with NEGATIVITY effects all around.. Soo much negativity.. Meh -_-
Anyways the NPD says the phones will be sold from Monday, i was like WTH.. !

Just stating my opinion after watching the documentary...not interested in an argument with you....

@sameer being disappointed and cribbing are two different things....Im still going to buy the phone but if nokia priced it a bit cheaper or provided some kind of freebie it would be better...If im not wrong USA got free wireless charger then why not India.... of course Nokia is here to make money we can see them evading tax... XD

Last edited:

Viveksagarwal

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I dont change my phone every year. And I am sure most of the operators till next year will start 4G services. So yeah, I need 4G compatible phone.

Also, why does Nokia give those bands which are not used by majority of operators? If Nokia was serious in launching India specific device then it should have worked on its bands and launced a proper product.

Sorry, seeing this I feel Nokia is treating India as any 3 world country. 1st launching this phone this late and now , not even giving its due. (The sell the most phone here across anywhere in the world.)

I expected better. Disappointed.

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Just stating my opinion after watching the documentary...not interested in an argument with you....

@sameer being disappointed and cribbing are two different things....Im still going to buy the phone but if nokia priced it a bit cheaper or provided some kind of freebie it would be better...If im not wrong USA got free wireless charger then why not India.... of course Nokia is here to make money we can see them evading tax... XD
jaake POGO dekh ! Its make for people like you only !

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I want to know that at what time will Nokia Priority Dealers will start selling the device from Tomorrow? I heard that selling is going to start from Evening 6:30pm. is it true ?

nileshdd

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Ok, the NPD at Aundh, Pune called. He 'may' have stock on Saturday. Price to be between 35-36k. It looks like 35800 mentioned in this thread could be the pricing from NPDs.

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Wiat wait wait....... dafaq is Charging Plate Connected to ?
OMG did you all see how Nokia is fooling people stating "WIRELESS" charging ?
I mean how the heck in the world is it WIRELESS if the Wireless Charging Plate itself has to be connected to a charger by a chord & a plug both separate, instead that is more of WORK to be done rather than just connecting the device to a simple Charger...
I mean if you look carefully IN ALL NOKIA'S CHARGING PLATE ADS, they DO NOT show where the charging plate's wire end.. BIG LOL !

That is because it has to be connected to a plug... Why in the earth would I want to connect the mobile to the charging plate which has to be connected to a separate chord which in turn has to be connected to a plug & then Plugged in..
Why not just connect the device into a charger instead of doing soo much work ?
& they call it WIRELESS.......... Meh -_-

Link : Nokia Wireless Charging Plate Blk AT&T (Unboxing) - YouTube

nileshdd

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Its wireless in the sense that no wire needs to be connected to the phone itself. You can just place the phone on the charger (or pillow). Its not more work. There will be charging plates setup in public places like coffee shops and you can just go and place your phone on them to charge the phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)