which relevant apps the IOS and Android have that WP8 have not?

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
It's not simply "does the app exist" but "is it any good?" - the spotify app on WP7 is junk* but I was thinking about it because spotify works fine on other platforms (and now via the web) - it's cheaper for me to get an android phone because I can cancel Zune music and pocket the difference towards the phone.

* BTW - is it any good on WP8?

Alexandre Donnert

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
The question is, what can we gain, switching to the WP8?
If we have all the necessary and brand news apps on the other platforms, why would we switch to the WP8? Once that Microsoft seems not effort the enough to became their costumers satisfied.
Instagram, Facebook, Bank apps, Map apps ( good on all countrys), good working of live tiles, there is the reason for the WP8 have not an central notifications, but, if the live tiles is not working good, what is the reason for have not the central notification? and games, if WP8 have a dream to be comparate to the IOS/Android, need to have the same apps and game, at the same time, if not, why would I switch for this OS?

WinFan1

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
for me it would be
1. temple run1&2
2. subway surfer
3. Clash of clans
4. Pandora
5. Instagram (dont use)
6. a motherlovin' playstation hub
7. Gamefly app
8. call of duty ELITE app
9. Gamestop app
10. IGN
11. soverign bank
12. Turning point ministries app (app for me doubt it will come soon if ever)
13. improved features for nokia drive.

thats it for me

WinFan1

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
The question is, what can we gain, switching to the WP8?
If we have all the necessary and brand news apps on the other platforms, why would we switch to the WP8? Once that Microsoft seems not effort the enough to became their costumers satisfied.
Instagram, Facebook, Bank apps, Map apps ( good on all countrys), good working of live tiles, there is the reason for the WP8 have not an central notifications, but, if the live tiles is not working good, what is the reason for have not the central notification? and games, if WP8 have a dream to be comparate to the IOS/Android, need to have the same apps and game, at the same time, if not, why would I switch for this OS?
because not everyone likes ios and android. i wouldnt touch google with a 10 foot pole. and apple i dont care for. people support a platform for growth, healthy competition, which drives them to out-innovate eachother, and because its a beautiful platform.

anon(5354555)

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
The only one I miss is TripTracker Pro which provided most of my travel info. Now I am using two apps 'My Trips' (Tripit integration) and Flight Status because Tripit does everything EXCEPT get gate info and Flight Track does that well. My Bank (BOA and Chase) are there and so are most of the other apps. The people hub and contacts took me a while to acclimate but I am really liking the concept now. I must say that the ESPN app and Facebook app are pretty poor but the Football Live app is awesome.

Piratelooksat40

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
SiriusXM
CBS Sportline Fantasy Football
ESPN Fantasy Football(For Non Nokia owners)
Pandora(Sure it coming any day now)
Spotify
iTunes(I was happy with Zune, but with the disaster with Zbox Music I would switch my music to iTunes in a second. I don't trust Microsoft to stay with their Music Strategy)

feedmylittletroll

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
for me it would be
1. temple run1&2
2. subway surfer
3. Clash of clans
4. Pandora
5. Instagram (dont use)
6. a motherlovin' playstation hub
7. Gamefly app
8. call of duty ELITE app
9. Gamestop app
10. IGN
11. soverign bank
12. Turning point ministries app (app for me doubt it will come soon if ever)
13. improved features for nokia drive.

thats it for me

+1 for Clash of Clans. I'm addicted to that game

xWisp

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
A better facebook app or at least Microsoft integrating the ability to manage and view likes throughout the OS a bit better and sync the chat properly so I dont get random strings of text sometimes.
I Miss instagram but can live without it but would be nice to see it
Here in Aus the bank ANZ has a rather awesome app for other devices, but their mobile site is pretty much fine, app is nicer though.
I'd love to see jetpack joyride make its way over and FF III and IV

And in Aus deeeeeeefinately google maps. I almost can't live without it. If gmaps pro was a bit nicer to use UI wise and you could set stuff like arrival time or departure time or nokia transport actually had public transport information for perth I would be fine without it but as it stands the experience is not great at all.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I want to see Nokia Transit work for bus timetables in the UK as a whole. Come on, Leeds is a huge city, why can I not get transit data there? Manchester is even huger (it's probably THE biggest city in the North. Or a close tie between the two). Train times too. Also, allowing routing of transport so I can pick which services I want to use, where I want to go via, etc. My case is a bit weird, I was going to Manchester yesterday. I took a bus to Leeds City Centre, a train to Huddersfield, then a bus to Manchester. 3.5hours travel time. Cost to me: ?2.60 (which was a half fare single train ticket to Huddersfield, the rest of the journey was free). So if they can also add in an option to set a filter by lowest total cost for example, and also add in support for things like an ENCTS (English National Concessionary Travel Scheme) pass discounts, that would be FANTASTIC!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes