Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Global Posts
    3,077 Global Posts
    Daniel - don't let any of your "friends" over at CrackBerry get to you.
    They are clueless.
    They are happy with a v1.0 device, bug filled and missing some features that many long time BB users were used to and are missing.
    I couldn't care less if Instagram and Netflix aren't there (but Skype not being there is interesting).
    I care that I can't read the font on the lock screen without my reading glasses.
    I care that I can't even customize the lock screen.
    Or that I can't change the font on e-mails (you can change to font on menus). BFD.
    "The browser is so fast" - sure, when compared to what they had before. It is no faster than WP8.
    I need Skype.
    I'd like Opentable.
    One of their major features was their customizable profiles. Gone.
    Takes extra keystrokes to do everything. Oh boy.

The masses are howling over the lack of USB sync to Outlook (doesn't bother me - I use ActiveSync).

This is not to say that my Lumia 920 and WP8 are perfect. Apps are missing. Battery life could be better (but it is better than the Zed10 or Zee10 or whatever it is).

Rim uh BlackBerry gave me the Z10. They have to win my companies business back. Not happening.

So Daniel - good job.

And two anecdotes - I loaded Battery Watch onto it. It says the OS version is "Android 2.3.3". Nice QC.

The "elite" box I got came with a polishing cloth. Opened it up. It says BlackBerry Playbook on it. Guess they have a bunch of them.

Global Posts
    283 Global Posts
    Thanks for sharing your experience. I still would like to get my hands on one just to see what BlackBerry is doing. They don't come out till March though.
    Sam Sabri
    Managing Editor - Windows Phone Central
    Email - sam@wpcentral.com
    Twitter - samsabri
    Instagram - samsabri
    Twitch - GeneralSham
    Xbox Live - GeneralSham

Global Posts
    1,244 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by njblackberry View Post
    Daniel - don't let any of your "friends" over at CrackBerry get to you.
    They are clueless.
    They are happy with a v1.0 device, bug filled and missing some features that many long time BB users were used to and are missing.
    I couldn't care less if Instagram and Netflix aren't there (but Skype not being there is interesting).
    I care that I can't read the font on the lock screen without my reading glasses.
    I care that I can't even customize the lock screen.
    Or that I can't change the font on e-mails (you can change to font on menus). BFD.
    "The browser is so fast" - sure, when compared to what they had before. It is no faster than WP8.
    I need Skype.
    I'd like Opentable.
    One of their major features was their customizable profiles. Gone.
    Takes extra keystrokes to do everything. Oh boy.

The masses are howling over the lack of USB sync to Outlook (doesn't bother me - I use ActiveSync).

This is not to say that my Lumia 920 and WP8 are perfect. Apps are missing. Battery life could be better (but it is better than the Zed10 or Zee10 or whatever it is).

Rim uh BlackBerry gave me the Z10. They have to win my companies business back. Not happening.

So Daniel - good job.

And two anecdotes - I loaded Battery Watch onto it. It says the OS version is "Android 2.3.3". Nice QC.

The "elite" box I got came with a polishing cloth. Opened it up. It says BlackBerry Playbook on it. Guess they have a bunch of them.
    lmao

Global Posts
    298 Global Posts
    NJ, I've been reading your posts for many, many years. You helped me more than once with a variety of issues on a variety of Blackberries. I know deep down you're a BB guy that wants to see BB succeed, so when I see you post something like that I know you're not trolling. It's a shame that RIM has made so many bad business decisions--and apparently nothing has changed with BB10.
    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Global Posts
    3,077 Global Posts
    Yep, we go back quite aways.
    I want BlackBerry to succeed. I want WP8 to succeed.
    I am stunned that the Z10 was released with so many bugs and so few apps - and you may be right, Same Old BlackBerry.
    New name, same habits. A culture is really hard to change.

I believe In you. I tried to compare it to Nokia lumia 920, The browser is faster on Lumia. 4g or wifi. And also laggy when scrolling most of the time.
    Good thing is I still have 10 days left and I will return it back to Rogers.
    One more thing. The Screen is Finger Print Magnet..It's hard to remove.

Global Posts
    33,003 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    Quote Originally Posted by rdef View Post
    NJ, I've been reading your posts for many, many years. You helped me more than once with a variety of issues on a variety of Blackberries. I know deep down you're a BB guy that wants to see BB succeed, so when I see you post something like that I know you're not trolling. It's a shame that RIM has made so many bad business decisions--and apparently nothing has changed with BB10.
    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    I likewise agree.

NJ, I remember you from Crackberry when both of us had BlackBerry.

I appreciate your comparison between the devices.

Global Posts
    870 Global Posts
    I am interested to know why you went from BBOS to WP8. What software features does the Lumia 920 have or the Z10 not have that made you stop using BB after 6 days? I am looking to purchase a WP.
    Last edited by mrskycar; 02-07-2013 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Add intent to purchase wp device

Global Posts
    924 Global Posts
    if BB doesn't have a USB sync, the BB crowd will go bananas. Does BB10 have active sync finally? no more BES nonsense?

Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Ha... The last line

Global Posts
    3,077 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrskycar View Post
    I am interested to know why you went from BBOS to WP8. What software features does the Lumia 920 have or the Z10 not have that made you stop using BB after 6 days? I am looking to purchase a WP.
    I went from a 9900 to WP7 then to WP8.
    I got bored with the 9900. It wasn't exciting. It wasnt fast. Battery life was weak.
    So I got a Lumia 710. WP7 was a whole new design and it worked for me.
    I went to the Lumia 920 because it was so innovative. Wireless charging. F
    Fonts large enough for me to read without finding my glasses.
    WP8 has MANY of the apps that I need. Your needs are different.
    BB10 has far fewer that I need.

Why did I get a Zed10? BlackBerry gave it to me. They want to win my company's business back (people have switched to other platforms beginning with an i).

The Zee10 is good. Not great. Not revolutionary and not the greatest thing since sliced bread. It is a good phone.

Going to try out the HTC 8X. Just to compare with the 920.

Why? Because I can :)
    Thanked by:

I do wonder how quickly Blackberry will be able to keep developing / improving BB10. They have not traditionally been able to move quickly and BB10 is no different. Microsoft are really frustrating me right now with their consumer products. Their enterprise products are really great, so I guess at least they are doing something well. Anyway, back to BB, I think this just shows that if you want to go it alone in this business you either need to be first to market (apple) or have other businesses that make you all your money (Amazon).
    aubreyq likes this.

Global Posts
    2,142 Global Posts
    I understand your complaints, but as you said it's a v1 OS, so these bugs were expected. If people just gave BB some time to roll out some updates and to get more apps BB10 could blow past the competition imho. The 920 is a great phone, as is the Z10, people just need to have a little more patience.

Global Posts
    3,077 Global Posts
    I'm not sure they have time.
    Thorsten Heins delayed the launch twice (or three times) in order to get it right.
    They had one shot on the launch. It wasn't a great launch. The web sites are going nuts because they took away the ability to sync to Outlook PM (replacing Desktop Manager with "BlackBerry Link"). A poor version of Zune.

Remember when the PlayBook came out? QNX. The dress rehearsal for BB10. It has minimal apps, and didn't have a native e-mail client for 9 months (it was promised in 3)...

Z10 = PlayBook redux...

Global Posts
    298 Global Posts
    NJ, had the 920. Really liked it. Have the 8x now. Love it.
    Sent from my PM23300 using Board Express

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I played with the Z10 and for some reason, there's no Flow like they said it would. I thought the PB was more intuitive. Plus, there's nothing innovative about BB10. It's a rehash of everything done before.

Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    I hope BB10 suceeds but I don't see how they will be able to stay in the fight unless they have a huge hit in the US...they don't seem to have any handsets coming out quickly that are low cost for the emerging markets and they don't have unlimited resources like google, apple or MS have...
    Going to be hard
    Developer

920 iz an awsm fone>!
    thanx for sharing the experience and the fastt transition .......Agree >!

Global Posts
    1,444 Global Posts
    I probably should ask there, but my company is contemplating going z10 (why? who knows), but i've been reading that the z10 has trouble syncing with outlook 2010 for emails/calendars/contacts?

Im not too IT savy, so do they mean that they can't get their emails on z10, contacts, and calendar? So if i create an appointment, z10 will not recognize?

For example, i configured my lumia 920 myself, i got the domain and server and created an exchange account. So i receive emails as they come and my calendar/tasks are updated when i update on the desktop version.

Is this not possible with the z10?

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Well, this stinks just a bit. I've had some poor like with our Windows Phones lately and was going to give the BB Z10 a shot. I am even more apprehensive now, however.

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Windows Blue 2013! :)

Global Posts
    2,142 Global Posts
    I'm not sure they have time.
    Thorsten Heins delayed the launch twice (or three times) in order to get it right.
    They had one shot on the launch. It wasn't a great launch. The web sites are going nuts because they took away the ability to sync to Outlook PM (replacing Desktop Manager with "BlackBerry Link"). A poor version of Zune.

Remember when the PlayBook came out? QNX. The dress rehearsal for BB10. It has minimal apps, and didn't have a native e-mail client for 9 months (it was promised in 3)...

Z10 = PlayBook redux...
    I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

Global Posts
    1,267 Global Posts
    Hahahahaha!

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I'd be lying if I said I'm not at least interested in trying out the new Z10...... I'm a BB transplant myself (went from a Torch 2 to an LG Quantum when WP7 came out). I'm not saying that I'm not happy with my 920, but I've always kept a place in my heart for BB. I had to make the jump to WP when BB got stale (and that endless hourglass of death that became too frequent on my Torch) and have been pleased overall (except for the slow growth in app support).

That said, the Z10 is a first-gen device for BB10, and there's bound to be issues (and I'm not eager to go through that again.....ahem....LG Quantum......).
    "Rangers Lead the Way!"

Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    im also interested in playing with a blackberry 10 device but i have made the decision that even if i like it, it has to come with the upgrade i payed for a 920 out of pocket and im going to use it till it dies.
    Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.- Plato

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast