Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By CaptainChunk41
  • 2 Post By n8fin
  • 1 Post By Gysvwyk
  • 1 Post By John Korondy

I have downloaded it and installed it. After starting it says that there is a newer version available (50 something MB). The installation that follows the download never passes the initial screen. Any idea?

Thanks

Never mind, it worked.
    Last edited by Zolotoy; 03-26-2013 at 12:32 PM.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    563 Global Posts
    Glad you were able to get it working!

Well, now it does not recognize the phone which is connected to my laptop and Windows 7 is showing it.
    I had the same problem...guess what there are 2 nokia software updaters,one which looks identical to nokia care suite(that's nokia software updater) and the other which is completely different and has accents option similar to windows phone 8 (that's called nokia software updater for retail)...that's the difference,i used the other which looked similar to nokia care suit and it didn't detected my lumia 820,but after i got the other one (retail thingy) voil!
    P.S I use windows 8
    Oh i forgot here is the link for retail edition, http://www.mediafire.com/?xfpzsda55rqy7e7
    Thanked by:
    cysuresh likes this.

Mine is called Nokia Software Updater. Its version is 3.0.655 and think it was something for retail ....

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChunk41 View Post
    Oh i forgot here is the link for retail edition, Nokia Software Updater for Retail 2.0.6.rar
    Yes, I installed it, but same crap - does not look like it senses a phone.
    Try uninstalling the older updater before u install the new retail version,both have different drivers and it might have got mixed up,so uninstall both and install retail edition again to see if it works..
    In fact try uninstalling everything related nokia from your computer (my computer>uninstall or change program) and then install the retail one,it should work :)

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChunk41 View Post
    In fact try uninstalling everything related nokia from your computer (my computer>uninstall or change program) and then install the retail one,it should work :)
    Nope, same ****
    Bad luck i guess,last thing u can try is to do it on another computer :(

Great App! Thanks!
    Jaripi and Devamps like this.

Do anyone know how to update a JBL nokia powerup?
    Hesham Elkadi likes this.

You can download the working retail version 2.0.6 here -- without registration and without any additional garbage software. It will update itself to 3.0.4 (or the most current version). I have run it on Windows 8 and Windows 7, connected to my unlocked Lumia 920 (RM-821_apac_philippines_388) and it works great. Firmware updated and it hasn't shut down since!
    Thanked by:
    Muessig likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zolotoy View Post
    Yes, I installed it, but same crap - does not look like it senses a phone.
    Try it on Win 7 32bit.I too had this problem with my Lumia 620.The problem was I was using a 64bit version that came preinstalled.
    I too searched around the web for a solution and someone had mentioned that Nokia Care Suite and NSU for Retail
    don't work properly on 64bit.
    Now my phone is detected without any hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by eff3Ct View Post
    Try it on Win 7 32bit.I too had this problem with my Lumia 620.The problem was I was using a 64bit version that came preinstalled.
    I too searched around the web for a solution and someone had mentioned that Nokia Care Suite and NSU for Retail
    don't work properly on 64bit.
    Now my phone is detected without any hassle.
    I'm running Nokia Care Suite on Win8 64 bit without any problems, so not sure where you are getting that info

I'm using Win 7 NOT Win 8,you've missed that.As for the source I can't find the original one,
    here you go with another one.It's a thread about Nokia Care suite,but in my case it's true
    for both NSU for retail and Nokia Care Suite.
    Lumia 800 nokia care suite flashing - xda-developers

Seems unlikely that it would work on W8 64bit and not W7 64bit, do you have all the right programs installed (.net framework, etc)?

re piola