Cracked and Replaced Screen

RiseAgainst94

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Accident 1: My brother was biking down a hill, had his Lumia 920 in his jacket pocket. It fell out at high speeds on to concrete which resulted in heavy damage to the top left corner of the screen.
Accident 2: The phone was dropped out of hand from waist height and left heavy cracking on bottom right of screen.

I have attached pictures so you all can see the damage. Pictures taken with my Nokia Lumia 900

WP_20130604 3.jpgWP_20130604.jpg

The replacement:
Brother bought a $50 screen with tools from ebay, along with $8 screen adhesive gaskets (2). He was able to take off the screen without any damage to the phone and without using a suction cup or hairdryer. The instillation of the new screen was simple and was helped along with this useful video: Nokia Lumia 920 Digitizer Glass & LCD (TFT) Display Replacement - YouTube
NOTE*** some steps can be simplified
.If anyone is interested in the specifics of the replacement, I can post a step by step in a new reply or thread.

Here are the results from the replaced screen:
WP_20130604 4.jpg

If this photo was taken with the 920 instead of the 900 it would be more clear that the replacement screen looks straight out of the factory.

The Lesson: No need to pay hundreds of dollars to get a screen repaired when you can pay around $50 and have a new looking 920 with minimal complications.

Last edited:

RiseAgainst94

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
That's pretty cool!
A link to the ebay site from where your bro bought the screen would be appreciated.
Thnx
This is through the same person that he bought it from. The price was raised a few weeks after my brothers purchase, but has since been slightly lowered to this $87.50. My brother scored this set for $50.00 shipped. Maybe best to be patient or look for an alternative, still cheaper doing it yourself however.

Black 100 New Front LCD Touch Digitizer Glass Flex for at T Nokia Lumia 920 | eBay

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes