Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By SnailUK

Hey guys. I have a Lumia 920 and about a week ago it started to think the headphones were always plugged in. If I take them out just right it won't but it will usually switch back after a few mins.

Anyone ever had this happen to them?

Anything I can do to fix or is it off to att or Nokia. If it is off to either of these which one/whats the best way to get them to fix it?

Thanks

I had this happen to me a few months back had to send it to Nokia

Ok. How did you contact them or send them your phone?

Had to go on their website and fill out a form saying what was wrong with it, they got a UPS courier to pick it up, they couldn't fix mine so they sent a replacement.

Awesome I'll do that. Thanks for the help

Blow into the headphone hole to clear whatever is making the phone think a plug is there. This has happened to my 710 twice. Drove me crazy until I took the simplest fix. Worth a try!
    It happen to me a few ago. Sent it over to Nokia they sent me a brand new replacement.

I've had old phones that have done this in the past. I now buy little rubber USB/Headphone socket covers, to stop rubbish getting into the ports and causing these issues
    Thanked by:
    rdubmu and Laura Knotek like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Benjamin View Post
    Blow into the headphone hole to clear whatever is making the phone think a plug is there. This has happened to my 710 twice. Drove me crazy until I took the simplest fix. Worth a try!
    ya I tried that. It seems to be worse than that because I have to hit this one spot in there with the headphone jack to make it work

I had the same issue with my 920. I tried the blowing into it and everything, but nothing worked. I just sent it to Nokia yesterday. I hope they send me a new one since I had 4 other issues with the phone as well. I love the phone, but these 920s are quality control nightmares.

This has happened to me on my BUILD 2012 developer Lumia 920. I'll report later on the resolution.

Never saw a phone able to think before :D
    Current WP: Lumia 930
    Current WT: Microsoft Surface 2 w/ Touch Cover 2

History WP: Samsung Omnia W > Lumia 710 > Lumia 800 > Lumia 620 > Lumia 820 > Samsung ATIV S > Lumia 920 > Lumia 925 > Lumia 1020
    History WT: Asus Vivo TAB Smart > Toshiba Encore 8 > Microsoft Surface RT