Lumia 920 stuck on resuming screen

Kem M

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
I have been facing troubles with my Lumia 920. Since 2 days ago it's randomly getting stuck on resuming while trying to unlock the screen.

When this happens, I cannot do anything on the phone. None of the buttons works, and the phone only responds when I do a soft reset, yet the
problem keeps appearing like twice per day and I have have to soft reset again. To me it seems like kind of a virus, but do not really know.

Have any of you guys seen this problem before ? Any idea of could be causing it and how I can solve it?

I was thinking in restore the phone, but there comes up another question. The reason for which I have not done this restore process yet is because
my Lumia 920 is an AT&T SIM unlocked phone (unlocked by code I guess), and of course, I am not an AT&T customer nor live in USA :straight:, so I do not have
any idea if after restoring the device it will get SIM locked again. Anybody in here knows if this could happen ?

This the firmware revision number I have: 1232.5962.1314.0001

Help please!! :cry::cry:

demonp82

May 1, 2013
Visit site
I had it with my lumia 920. Also battery drain and sudden overheatings. Took it to nokia service and they changed almost all internals. Now I enjoy my lumia without freezings at all and the overheat happens only with whatsapp and skype. Take it to nokia for repair. It is a faulty hardware. This parts were changed at nokia: MSM-graphite heat spreader, proxy boot, 3uy usb assembly, bp-4gw battery 2000, msm8960 cover.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I have been facing troubles with my Lumia 920. Since 2 days ago it's randomly getting stuck on resuming while trying to unlock the screen.

When this happens, I cannot do anything on the phone. None of the buttons works, and the phone only responds when I do a soft reset, yet the
problem keeps appearing like twice per day and I have have to soft reset again. To me it seems like kind of a virus, but do not really know.

Have any of you guys seen this problem before ? Any idea of could be causing it and how I can solve it?

I was thinking in restore the phone, but there comes up another question. The reason for which I have not done this restore process yet is because
my Lumia 920 is an AT&T SIM unlocked phone (unlocked by code I guess), and of course, I am not an AT&T customer nor live in USA :straight:, so I do not have
any idea if after restoring the device it will get SIM locked again. Anybody in here knows if this could happen ?

This the firmware revision number I have: 1232.5962.1314.0001

Help please!! :cry::cry:

Once SIM Unlocked, no phone will get locked again irespective of how many ever times you reset it or flash it. The resuming issue you mentioned here happens when programs are stuck or when the processor is busy (again could be because of programs stuck). Wait for a few days till AT&T is going to enable the GDR2 firmware so you can flash it. Or if your problem is really annoying you, then you can always reset your phone, but you will lose all your data so make sure you take a backup of it. There are other ways of getting this GDR2 update (flashing to a different firmware) ut I won't recommend you to do it unless you are well aware of the consequences.

For now a reset will work for you.

Kem M

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Since we do not have Nokia Care in Panama, that option is discarded. Now that you said the device will not get SIM locked again, I guess that my only option is restoring the device and see what happens. I hope this fix the problem. I will let you know the results.

Thanks guys.

cyberden

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I had the issue after updating to amber (but I don't think it's related). I uninstalled some apps I installed lately, blocked some background process and it never happened again.

Angry Pixel

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Happened with me once in last one month. I just restarted the phone using volumer down and power button. Since then, no problem. I guess, i had too many programs running in background.

Kem M

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Here is the update:

I did the restore, then the phone got stuck with the spinning gears.. it was a total pain to get it work again, but at the end I managed to revive it. I restored the apps and stuff, and the phone worked fine until today in the morning when I downloaded the MPAtool App from store and suddenly the phone got stuck while installing the app. After that, now it gets stuck with black screen (not resume screen as before) like every 3 to 4 hours and I have to do soft reset to get it back to normal.

I'm not really sure of trying restoring the phone again, since was such a huge headache to resolve the spinning gears problem.

This is so frustrating. Any of you guys have more suggestions of what else I can do ??

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Did the MPAtool finish installing? If it did try uninstalling it and other than waiting for the amber update there is nothing I can think of, unless you wish to flash a new rom.

Kem M

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
No, it did not finish installing, the phone got stuck on the process, then I soft reset it and after that the app was already installed. Anyway I uninstalled to see what happens but the phone still continue getting stuck without any reason (it gets stuck while opening an app, while is screen locked, etc).
When is this amber update coming ??

demonp82

May 1, 2013
Visit site
If you don't have nokia care near you, it doesnt mean nobody isnt doing the warranty care there. If there is nobody servicing nokias, than try to reflash it. It is not a dangerous action, but you may loose your warranty (the warranty doesnt cover reflashed devices). Do not wait for Amber, as it is not the case it will help.

Kem M

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
OK. I'm not an expert in these matter, so how can I reflash it ?? which ROM you know that works without the issues mentioned before ?
If you guys can advise me the right steps to do it, that would be great.

laude

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue with a lumia 720.
After removing Skype and SIP (voip) clients, the issue disappeared.
After 2 weeks I reinstalled skype to double-check, after 1 day the phone got stuck on the resuming screen again.
Since then, no Skype or SIP clients and the phone works without problem.
Waiting for the latest OS update to see if the issue has been solved.

Hemal Sheikh

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
i have lumia 800 and it also have same stuck on screen problem as yours...and it was also unlocked by code...after restoring nothing happened and it keeps on hanging like before...if you get any other way to solve the problem please do tell me.

Kem M

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Here's another update:

The phone got fixed by itself after 3 weeks. I didn't do anything to it after the factory reset I performed before.

I used it without problems all this time until I reinstalled a SIP client softphone (an app called: AdoreSoftphone). I did it in order to verify and indeed is like our friend Laude has posted above. Apparently, is some sort of problem that has to do when installing SIP clients on the phone. I removed the app again and guess that should wait 2 weeks or something to get the phone working properly again.

Just to be clear, I haven't had the problem with Skype, indeed I have been using it all this time without problem.
In short, my problem was caused after install a SIP client.

This seems to be a bug on the OS, so I'd recommend to not install any SIP clients on your phone if you don't want to face this issue.

Last edited:

petervk

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
Go to Settings > lock screen and change Background to Bing (or Photo if it is already on Bing). Then turn off and on the display to make sure the lock screen changed. Now go back to Settings > lock screen and change the Background back to its original setting.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes