Lumia 920 - still good phone for buy ?

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Of course.

and the 920 vs 925 argument well they are pretty identical the 925 is probably just better in the camera department by like 5%.

I'd go with the phone with more storage aka the 920. Both have no micro sd support so storage would be important and trust me a 16 gb phone wouldn't cut it. 32gb is probably the safe line but it's still not enough for me because of my music so I just make playlists although I prefer bringing all of my music (~80gb) so for my next update, I will upgrade to a WP Phone with micro sd support.

Don't know if there will be micro SD support a lot going forward, the 1520 has it but Icon does not have it.

supershi80

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
for 920
The best:
+cheap
+good costruction quality
+good hardware
+good design
+good monitor
+good camera (but only with the older Portico OS, with the last fw (Amber and Black) we have a great quality issue)
+WP is fast and with few bug

The worst:
-WP is a beta-ecosystem (by example: backup system very very bad and with a lot of bugs, we don't have a lot of feature that android/ios have, manage the account email is not so good, the cost of the apps is more than the same apps for the other OS, more app there aren't ...)
-camera is not so good with Amber and Black fw
-nokia drive is not so good navigor (more time calculate very strange roots, the map not always is updated with the last mod, no possibility to manage the POI) and also is not possible use the navigation by walk with the voice

Last edited:

KllR007

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Few days ago i bou one -
Lumia 920 Yellow ... And love it !!! I consider also RED one , but after looking in store, yellow loking for me better. Its a great phone with great camera ( I cant imagine Portorico quality, even Black is awesome)...

Senad Klepic

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Wao people are getting boring (and the same one, and the one who won't buy anymore a L920 why you think it has anything to do with this thread its your opinion either write a comment worth reading or stop using the same sentence) about the camera quality, for the price the L920 currently costs there is no better phone in its price range, not in one tiny segment. Who decides for a WP and wants a cheap but premium phone L920 is the way to go.

Ejay Lozano

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
If the Lumia 930 aka "Martini" (Expected Spring/Summer 2014) doesn't have Qi wireless charging and only 16GB of storage, I'm sticking with my 920 and waiting for the WP8.1 update.
Favorite pic taken with my 920 :cool: :
WP_20130826_005.jpg

Rperk211

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
i just ordered a used 920 from ebay for 159$. I'm goin to test windows OS out. i currently have a iPhone 5S, but im so over apple.

is there anything special i should know about my NEW (used ) 920????

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
i just ordered a used 920 from ebay for 159$. I'm goin to test windows OS out. i currently have a iPhone 5S, but im so over apple.

is there anything special i should know about my NEW (used ) 920????

well, what do you want to know?
like stuff past the spec sheet?

No major widespread problems that I am aware of (like the Palm Pre's build issues for example)

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Yes, it's the best choice for that kind of money. I bought it a month ago and I love it. Yeah, there are some not so pleasant things like awful volume control and lack of notification center, but it will be fixed with 8.1 update. Battery life is pretty bad as well (worse than S3). Camera is pretty good, but nothing special (well actually it is much better than competitors during low light, but same in good lighting conditions).
I would have bought Lumia 925 as it has batter camera & AMOLED display but 16Gb internal memory and luck of memory card and price difference stopped me.
strange how my 920 easily lasts me a day...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes