920 locked to ATT on Developer Rom but cant get tethering? HELP!!

kwambe5

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
So I have two Lumia 920's, both locked to ATT with ATT sim cards in them. Both are running the Black software and say Developer Device under Carrier in the about section. My firmware revision number is: 3051.40000.1349.0002. I have been the phone with ATT "tech support" numerous times, all telling me the same thing that never works. I have even gone through and hard reset my device and still no luck. I have the 10GB mobile share plan so tethering is included but I can not get it to work. It keeps popping up the "Connection not shared, please call 611" message. Has any one else seen this or have any idea how to correct this issue?
All the other threads about tethering deal with individuals from other carries trying to tether on ATT phones, so I have read through the forums searching!
Thanks for any help you can give!!

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Well, I can tell you that when I flashed my 920 with the European rom, I had to install the Spanish keyboard in order to get my tethering to work again. I have no idea why, but it worked. I installed the keyboard, powered the phone on and off, and checked tethering...which was working again. If you haven't done that, I'd try it. Like I said, I have know idea why it worked, but it did...and it has for a lot of other 920 users who flashed roms. Good luck.

sleeve22

Banned
Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I have unlocked AT&T 920 that I flashed to Rogers and since installing Black update I am having no problems tethering on T- Mobile even with access point installed.

kwambe5

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yea, I tried that earlier before I reset it and it did not work. So tonight I hooked it up to NCS and let it recognize it, the I downloaded the NA ATT ROM for the RM-820. I was about to flash it, but decided to try the keyboard trick again. Now I can get the internet sharing to stay on without the error message but I can' t connect my Surface Pro to it. W8.1 keeps telling me that it can't set up internet sharing. It see's the hot spot but wont connect. If its not one thing, I guess it's bound to be another!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon