Touch stop working for a while and then return

ahmad karaki

Feb 8, 2015
Visit site
My touch screen stop working sometimes when I get the phone back from sleep and I think this issue is related to enabling the pfd on the phone because it disappeared for couple of days when the pfd was disabled I need confirmation to report it to Microsoft anyone faced it?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I don't think it has anything to do with enable or disassemble pfd.
If you have pfd then you download the "newer" OS features but after they are downloaded the pfd app (enable or disassemble the box in the app) does basically nothing at all.
What could be is that the pfd OS features cause a problem with your touch screen but if that is the case it is something what does not happen often because i do not know of similar problems.
So what you could do is a factory reset to rule out a software install glitch (but you still will have the pfd OS features) or roll back by using the Lumia Software Recovery tool (all pfd features will be erased).

We however got several reports from people with similar touch screen problems (but most times worse problems) after a touch screen replacement. And the replaced part was not a genuine original OEM part.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
But when I disable the pfd the touch doesn't freeze?

Then please give this feedback to Microsoft maybe they got more of these cases and can explain it.
And maybe we get some more reply's on your post of people with the same problem.
You never know and feedback is important for Microsoft to improve.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon