Lumia 920 - "SIM card missing or invalid" after battery replacement

sampeterson18

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
I've got a Lumia 920. After replacing the battery, it won't read my (or any) SIM card.

The battery life was starting to get bad, so I ordered a replacement. Popped the phone open, followed the instructions on ifixit, and was done in about 5 minutes. No big deal, and definitely not the biggest undertaking I've ever done inside a phone.

But now, no matter what I do, it won't recognize the SIM. I get the "SIM card missing or invalid" message every time I turn the phone on. I tried a different (known good) SIM - no luck. I tried my SIM in another phone - it worked perfectly. I've blown out the SIM card slot, tried the old battery again, restarted, soft reset, hard reset, restored from backup, everything. No luck.

I know I didn't do anything while I had the phone apart that could have caused this problem, but apparently I must have. Does anybody have any clue what I could have possibly done, or what I can try to fix it? I'm out of ideas here.

The phone is completely stock, not jailbroken/developer unlocked/anything like that. The only semi-unusual thing about it is that it's an AT&T phone, but I had it carrier unlocked about a year ago. Other than that, it's just running whatever the latest version of 8.1 that AT&T has pushed out is.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2