How do I fix a bricked Lumia 920?

JB Labs

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
How to fix a bricked Lumia 920?

It has installed an older Windows 10 mobile. I performed a hard reset and got the spinning gears of death...
I tried again using the button combination and same issue. I decided to use the Windows Device Recovery Tool and it does not detect my phone, so I tried to force it to detect it by doing a soft reset and the battery logo appears. I have charged it many hours and it doesn't get energy. While it's plugged, it keeps rebooting. No matter how much time I leave it plugged, it doesn't boot when I soft reset it. Any help? :-/

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: How to fix a bricked Lumia 920?

The spinning gears don't mean "death" - it means that your phone is installing something very important that it shouldn't be interrupted, because interrupting it may actually kill the phone. May we know what you interrupted the spinning gears?

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

Try putting it in a freezer bag and tossing in the freezer. My 920 was totally unresponsive the other day after a full charge was displayed. USB connection, Qi wireless charging, pressing hardware button combos...no bueno. The device was off...dark. I pulled the battery and tossed it in a baggie before freezing for 15 minutes, then assembled the phone and battery and all was good. I'm not sure if freezing the battery helped or if pulling some cables inside the phone did the trick. If you had spinning gears you still need to finish updating whatever was going on but this may at least get you charging and connected via USB again to run WRT. Best of luck.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site

Try putting it in a freezer bag and tossing in the freezer. My 920 was totally unresponsive the other day after a full charge was displayed. USB connection, Qi wireless charging, pressing hardware button combos...no bueno. The device was off...dark. I pulled the battery and tossed it in a baggie before freezing for 15 minutes, then assembled the phone and battery and all was good. I'm not sure if freezing the battery helped or if pulling some cables inside the phone did the trick. If you had spinning gears you still need to finish updating whatever was going on but this may at least get you charging and connected via USB again to run WRT. Best of luck.

I won't recommend this. Temperature gradient may cause unwanted warping in the internal components if left too long (15 minutes is relative to the actual temperature of the freezer), and the air in the bag must be absolutely dry (0% relative humidity).

Duobix

Feb 12, 2016
Visit site
If you bricked your phone by any means, you should look for a recovery tool that microsoft released. Google that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon