Swype alternative?

Nicholas McCaslin

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, got to check out a 928 at the Verizon store today and I was really impressed. Before I make the switch from my qwerty Android device though, I think I'm going to need some kind of alternative to swype. Does something like this exist? If not, have any heavy swype users made the switch to the WP8 keyboard? Any and all advice would be helpful. Thank you guys.

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
There's n app that gives u all the alternatives if u r switching but I forgot what it's called lol let me have a look around n I'll get back to you ;)

The app is called (ironically) Switch to Windows Phone. Hope that helps ;)

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Swype is a great keyboard for sure. There are no Swype alternatives on Windows Phone. The biggest issues I had with Swype was word prediction accuracy. The WP8 keyboard is the best when it come to word prediction. Most of the time I don't type more that 2 or 3 letters of a word before the word is available for selection. You get to know what words it is not going to get so after a while you just type those complete. The rest of the time you are just typing 2 or 3 letters then picking the word from the list. Windows Phone 8 keyboard even learns you. That right it learns your typing patterns and gets better with time. I was a heavy Swype user when I had Android devices. I am much faster at typing on the WP 8 keyboard. There is a learning curve but once you get used to it you wont want to go back.

There's n app that gives u all the alternatives if u r switching but I forgot what it's called lol let me have a look around n I'll get back to you ;)

The app is called (ironically) Switch to Windows Phone. Hope that helps ;)

I think you misunderstood the question.

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Yup exactly! It (the keyboard) learns ur writing idiosyncrasies very quickly. I very rarely have 2 type 3 letters n most of the time its only 1

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Your welcome here either way even if you decide to sticky with Android. We have a Nation/ forum for Android to ya know. We are glad you decide to join us.

PhreePhlyer

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I just switched from an Android with Swype to the Lumia 928 (I've had the 928 2 days), and I'm amazed how well the WP8 keyboard works. As others have said, the word prediction
algorithm is really good.

_catcrap

May 15, 2013
Visit site
As an ex galaxy user who went to iPhone 4s and missed Swype, I dont miss it on the 928 at all. Word prediction on the wp8 phone is far superior than the iPhone. I thought about looking for swype too, but after using it for couple days vigorously writing on friend's walls and texting, hasn't caused any gripe on my end.

godiswatchingus

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi friends , I'm using on my lumia 820 an alternative keyboard to swype. Slydr (Sliding Keyboard) can't replace system keyboard (Windows Phone does not allow this). Maybe you can like this app. Regards.

lassenwolf

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
The keyboard works great and swype isnt all that . The voice text command works well. I love my windows phone plus xbox achievements on the phone lol

gokarengo

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
I am so tired of buying phones and shortly afterwards (like about a week) its outdated or some new phone comes out that does almost everything. Android to Windows and vice versa.....I give up...I quit!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon