How long before I can update?

Penny_1

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

So I had a Lumia 928 last week that I successfully updated to GDR2/Amber. Unfortunately, that device was having issues (unrelated to the update, check "Can't Hear Callers" thread) and I had to get a replacement, which just came in yesterday. I activated the replacement Lumia 928, a refurbished unit, last night. I tried several times last night and this morning to update the phone to GDR2/Amber with some mixed results. It did do an update and my OS version is currently sitting at 8.0.10327.77, which appears to be GDR2 based on version number. However, my Extras+Info section does not show that it is Amber, and indeed it appears that version numbers here are older than those in Amber. I also don't have the other features that come with Amber (double tap to wake, peek function, etc.).

My question to you guys is did something go wrong with my update, or is it normal in this situation to receive Amber after already having received GDR2? Or, did I in fact not actually receive GDR2 but another update? Is there a way I can test if I actually have GDR2? I appreciate any information from those that might have an idea of what's going on.

Thank you!

Penny_1

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
By the way, sorry if the title of the thread doesn't exactly match my questions. I was initially under the impression that my phone had not received GDR2/Amber altogether and assumed it might have something to do with my phone just being activated last night, but I realized when looking up my OS version # that I may in fact have received GDR2, so my questions changed.

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

So I had a Lumia 928 last week that I successfully updated to GDR2/Amber. Unfortunately, that device was having issues (unrelated to the update, check "Can't Hear Callers" thread) and I had to get a replacement, which just came in yesterday. I activated the replacement Lumia 928, a refurbished unit, last night. I tried several times last night and this morning to update the phone to GDR2/Amber with some mixed results. It did do an update and my OS version is currently sitting at 8.0.10327.77, which appears to be GDR2 based on version number. However, my Extras+Info section does not show that it is Amber, and indeed it appears that version numbers here are older than those in Amber. I also don't have the other features that come with Amber (double tap to wake, peek function, etc.).

My question to you guys is did something go wrong with my update, or is it normal in this situation to receive Amber after already having received GDR2? Or, did I in fact not actually receive GDR2 but another update? Is there a way I can test if I actually have GDR2? I appreciate any information from those that might have an idea of what's going on.

Thank you!
do you have any idea how to use Nokia Care Suite. It sounds like you may not have gotten the proper firmware update somehow, so you may need to reflash your phone with NCS

Penny_1

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Okay, so I tried what pankaj981 suggested first, and those two updates seem to have given me the missing features, even the call + SMS blocking. Additionally, in Extras + Info, it does now say Amber and those version numbers have been updated.

From everything that I can tell visually, it does appear to be exactly like my last 928 was after I upgraded to Amber. Even has group messaging, I can set Nokia Pro Cam as default camera app, etc. What I'm not sure of is if this just appears to be Amber on the surface, or if this is really everything included in Amber (like whatever firmware changes may have been behind the scene).

Penny_1

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
What firmware version are you on? Mine is 3045.0000.1328.2046

That's my firmware revision number as well. Radio software version 2.0.092066.3.

It looks like I'm fully updated from what I can tell. I'm still open to additional insight or suggestions on how to test my phones updated-ness, but until then thank you guys for the help.

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
That's my firmware revision number as well. Radio software version 2.0.092066.3.

It looks like I'm fully updated from what I can tell. I'm still open to additional insight or suggestions on how to test my phones updated-ness, but until then thank you guys for the help.

You can download an app called "Hardware Tests" that will give you ab option to view all your updates, I'll take a look at mine and let you know how many I installed with GDR2.

Edit: looks like it installed a total of 444 updated excluding the Spanish language keyboard I downloaded

Penny_1

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
You can download an app called "Hardware Tests" that will give you ab option to view all your updates, I'll take a look at mine and let you know how many I installed with GDR2.

Edit: looks like it installed a total of 444 updated excluding the Spanish language keyboard I downloaded

Ran that app and it looks like I received 442 updates when I installed GDR2 last night. Add to that the two Amber updates I did through SysApp as suggested earlier, and I'd have a total of 444. I think that answers my questions, thank you!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3