Windows 10 10166 on 928?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

windows 10 10166 on 928?

My daily driver is a nokia lumia 928. Right now its running windows phone 8.1 update. I was wondering if it would be a good idea if I upgraded to windows 10 and if there is anything I should know before doing it. P.S. I don't have a back up phone.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: windows 10 10166 on 928?

Then I would suggest not to do it.

If you however still want to do it first download and test the WPRT. How can I recover/reset/restore my phone software? - Microsoft - USA
If you can install it and can connect your phone to it then at least you have a way back.
Furthermore if you want to use the W10 keep your phone connected to a charger.
And be sure you have a back up of your stuff.

Richard Norman II

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
I am having some subtle issues with 10166 and secondary authentication of accounts. I can't seem to get my Windows accounts to work with secondary authentication enabled.
Overall 10149 did a better job in my opinion.

What I have discovered is that the biggest issue is that the upgrade/migration process may cause high battery usage/drain or the phone running hot. Before reverting back to Windows 8.1 I tried a hard reset and that seemed to fix the problem for me.

So I would recommend using the Slow ring if it is your only phone and backup everything before the upgrade because you MAY have to do a hard reset to fix the battery issue. But that is what you get when you are trying new things.

vonchowder

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I've tried to install 10166 on my 928 yesterday multiple times. It goes through the process and then error messages out many minutes later saying 'couldnt update at this time. This may be a temporary issue. Please try again later'

Well, trying again later does not help.

It has more than enough space to install. No other messages to help understand the problem.

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: windows 10 10166 on 928?

Late to this thread, but I have '166 on my old backup 928. While its "OK" as a test platform, more than a little sluggish, I would no way, no how do this if it was my primary phone....FWIW

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon