Nokia Lumia 930 Bugs and Defects

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Did you just find a new bug/defect in your Lumia 930 ? If so, post in this thread.

Below is an overview of some of the terminology you may come across:

[NOTE]Soft Reset: By pressing down the Volume Down + Power buttons for 10-15 seconds (or until the device vibrates) you can perform a soft reset on your device. This is a little bit like a factory reset for your phone's OS only you get to keep all of your personal data. Think of it like restarting your PC. This is the first thing you should try if your device is behaving oddly.

Hard Reset: By going to settings>about>reset your phone you can completely wipe your phone of your personal data (ideal if you're going to send in your phone for repair or sell it). Your phone will turn off and you'll see spinning gears for a while (up to an hour or so) and when it's done you will see the same screens you saw when you first turned on your phone out of the box. You'll have to sign in with your Microsoft account again and start over.

How to make your Lumia's batter last longer: See the thread over at the Nokia Discussion Forum here.

How to reset your device's camera: Go to settings>applications>photos+camera>reset.[/NOTE]

Remember to keep your posts as descriptive as possible so that we can try to help you fix your issue as quickly as possible!

Last edited by a moderator:

Sosinondodrore

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I found a terrible purple hue on the display like many ICON users also have reported. The purple hue gets 1000x worse when updating Display to the latest update. I have returned it and are now waiting for a replacement.. Hope the new one doesn't have this problem

matro

Mar 5, 2002
Visit site
just found one: while scrolling the start screen here and there, suddenly the GUI zoomed as if I had activated a sort of magnify; clearly a bug as the GUI responded to touch input as the zoom was not there, so everything was cluttered. no way to zoom out until a soft reset.

kloon

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I found a terrible purple hue on the display like many ICON users also have reported. The purple hue gets 1000x worse when updating Display to the latest update. I have returned it and are now waiting for a replacement.. Hope the new one doesn't have this problem

your not alone Diplay update ruining 930 display - Microsoft Community

so it's a software problem and not a hardware probleme
for now do not update your phone

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Just got my 930 yesterday and I can report of some screen issues regarding the purple hue as well. In my case it seems to be a software issue and has to do with colors not adjusting correctly when the brightness settings gets adjusted (auto and manual). I have let Nokia know of this, and hopefully they can do something about it soon!

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Just got my 930 yesterday and I can report of some screen issues regarding the purple hue as well. In my case it seems to be a software issue and has to do with colors not adjusting correctly when the brightness settings gets adjusted (auto and manual). I have let Nokia know of this, and hopefully they can do something about it soon!

Can you take a snap of this purple hue and post it here?

Aeons

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site

got my n930 this morning and havent experience the problem yet! but i heard it came from a service patch and currently my n930 can't get any Phone Updates (error 80188273). maybe microsoft pulled the update?

Sosinondodrore

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Well since you got you Lumia 930, can you share some details about Lumia cyan update like living images etc???

I didn't get much time with it. But Living Images is awesome! :) Surprisingly cool feature, when i look through the pictures captured with living images it plays a very short video capture before showing the image, very smooth and natural :)

HyperKid

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I didn't get much time with it. But Living Images is awesome! :) Surprisingly cool feature, when i look through the pictures captured with living images it plays a very short video capture before showing the image, very smooth and natural :)

Well since you replied, want to ask two more things.
1- While taking a picture, do you see CONTINUOUS AUTOFOCUS? IS IT FAST?
2- lastly, is there an option in disabling living images like turn off or something?
Unfortunately, this phone has yet to arrive in my country so I thought I would ask someone who has one. Really would be helpful of you.....

Sosinondodrore

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Well since you replied, want to ask two more things.
1- While taking a picture, do you see CONTINUOUS AUTOFOCUS? IS IT FAST?
2- lastly, is there an option in disabling living images like turn off or something?
Unfortunately, this phone has yet to arrive in my country so I thought I would ask someone who has one. Really would be helpful of you.....

Did not test the autofocus, i barely used the camera.. But Living Images gives you a choice the first time you start the camera application to turn it on or not, you can choose whether you want it enabled or not in settings

HyperKid

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Did not test the autofocus, i barely used the camera.. But Living Images gives you a choice the first time you start the camera application to turn it on or not, you can choose whether you want it enabled or not in settings

Well my friend, thank you for answering my questions and being helpful. Truly appreciated. Hope you enjoy your device and soon me....!

BobiBolivia

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
OK people, I hope I will get soon my L930 as well, so few questions before I will start to panic :grin:

- is camera during making a video kind of "shaking" ?
- any artefacts like mentioned above yellowish hue ?
- who else got purple screen ? Every owner of L930 ? I hope this is really SW and not HW issue...

kjetass

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I have an important question to all those who own a 930, does the camera produce a green or yellowish hue after post processing?

Not that I've noticed. Just for fun I measured the grey areas of a picture I took in Photoshop and the result was pretty good (the RGB-values usually differed by 10 at the most with blue usually having the highest value).

I've posted some pictures in the Pics and Videos taken with your Lumia 930!-thread if you want to check it out yourself.

Edit: Added link to gallery.

HyperKid

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
OK people, I hope I will get soon my L930 as well, so few questions before I will start to panic :grin:

- is camera during making a video kind of "shaking" ?
- any artefacts like mentioned above yellowish hue ?
- who else got purple screen ? Every owner of L930 ? I hope this is really SW and not HW issue...

As far as I know....
- it doesn't shake but it will(in a helpful way) because it has OIS which will help reduce camera shake and will record less shaky videos.
- that still has to be confirmed... Even I am looking for an answer
- I have seen that happening on very and I REPEAT very rare devices. It's mostly visible when you're brightness is low. So you can check it out after buying it but then again fear not... IT'S A VERY RARE CASE.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3