New Lumia 930 - Live tiles appear to have completely died?

wbjohnson

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

I have recently received my gorgeous Lumia 930 (my first windows phone!) and i absolutely love it.. however... there is something that is seriously ruining the experience for me... live tiles.... I have done a LOAD of research into this and looked at lots of various options and suggestions but nothing anyone has suggested has worked...

In summary, NONE of my live tiles are updating... news, weather, photos, store... nothing. I have a battery monitor app that shows the charge status as a live tile and unless i launch the app and manually select "update tile" it is stuck on the old reading...

I have checked for all the updates and everything is definitely up to date, i have disabled ALL but a couple of background apps to test, uninstall, reinstall and reboot so many times ive lost count (interesting observation at this stage... the photos app is a "live tile" but doesn't show in the background app list)... however i have taken a few photos, deleted them, but the live tile still shows them...

I am sort of stuck at what to do now, and its seriously bugging me!!! what should I do now????

cheers
Will

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Shuffle now in photos settings should fix the photo tile. Plus you can change what photos get shown from there (single, all, or anything in the favorites folder). Live tiles themselves I think updates at 30 min intervals so you may have to wait a bit for any update to show up. Some app tiles are just plain broken and don't update though, like the flixster app. Mine is stuck on xmen and hasn't updated since.

rowlie

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Generally this issue is caused by one live tile continuously trying to connect to its server, this is blocking the others from updating. This can also be caused if the battery saver is always on, which stops the tiles updating. If a soft reboot does not resolve the issue then I would uninstall all third party live tile apps and then soft boot. Hopefully then the OS live tiles such as calendar/photos should start. Once you get to this stage you can reinstall deleted apps one at a time until you find the culprit.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

miodrage

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I had this issue when I enabled Battery Saver, from that time, it is always disabled, and enabled just in a case of emergency, when I need that extra juice from the battery, and can do without Internet. Also if Internet is disabled, no Live Tiles update and that is a fact. I have read somewhere that even for updating the Battery tile, the phone needs Internet connection.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3