Lumia 930 (ICON) Skinomi Full body protector

Jude Fernando

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone!

So after many many purchases of screen protectors that weren't suitable for the 930 I decided to give Skinomi a go. When ordering I had to order the "ICON" version as they're pretty much the same.

But when I started to look around I couldn't find any pictures of a 930 with the Skinomi protector installed. Everything out there either Samsung or Apple, so thought I'd post them here for anyone else who is interested in the finish that it leaves and what it looks like after installation.

So far durability is great, was pretty easy to install. I'm going to have one of these on every phone I own I think :)

IMG_0004.JPGIMG_0022.JPGIMG_0023.JPGIMG_0024.JPGIMG_0025.JPGIMG_0028.JPGIMG_0033.JPG

P1ng0fDeath

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
does this screen protector covers the whole screen like in the pic? all screen protectors i found around here leave those curved edges unprotected, no to mention they make the phone look hideous (it looks like it have a smaller screen placed over the screen lol).

fitchalcyone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I will attest to these, as I have one on my 930 and several other Lumias. This indeed covers even the curved edges well, and the clarity is great.

fitchalcyone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Have you ever done a wet apply screen protector, like from Zagg? They take a little time and delicate handling if you want as little dust under the film as possible, but I can't call them hard by any means. They always say to avoid the liquid getting into the microphone or speaker holes, but most of the time any small amount you may get doesn't seem to do damage. Just don't drown it in liquid and you're good.

fitchalcyone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
These are essentially just specially engineered decals, so there's no chemical damage to the screen coating from application and removal.

donkiluminate

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I got a skinomi body protector too but it's the faux carbon fiber because just like in street racing stickers add at least 10hp.

All kidding aside it's been pretty nice. I find the actual screen to have more of a rubbery feeling then my last protector but at the same time it's held up a lot better too.

vodda

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
I also look for proper skins for 930/lumia, but as I am from Europe, unfortunately the Skinomi is not sold directly here and shippement from their shop is ridiculous, almost the price of a product, so total 30$.

Does anybody know if there are the same quality skins available in Europe, other brands, etc? Only skins, no cases.

BTW, does "usage with keys and/or gloves" still work after applying the screen skin?

P1ng0fDeath

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
BTW, does "usage with keys and/or gloves" still work after applying the screen skin?

gloves, most likely yes. Keys i don't think so. Don't know if it's the case of this screen protector in particular, but most will scratch easier than the glass itself. I'd keep metal/sharp objects away from it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa