FYI Nokia Icon Straight Talk 4g LTE Verizon.

Victor Harshman

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
FYI Just bought a clean, unlocked, mint, used Icon for 200$ (There getting cheaper and cheaper because no demand)

Found Straight Talk CDMA Verizon 4G LTE compatible nano sim on EBay for 24.99$. Here's a link.( I think these are coming in the new activation kits from Walmart but could not find any).
Sorry can't post a link yet. Just search eBay:

"Straight Talk Verizon 4G LTE compatible nano sim card"
From Cellfixx.
**Update March 18th they are in the sim kits now that are being sold at Walmart.***

Activated it with Straight talk ( Had to get a access code for 6.99$)
Ported my half month of service and old number over to new phone.
I did this over the phone with Straight Talk the first tech support agent said there was a error getting it activated so I called back and the second person was able to get it activated no problem. ( Could have been a problem with the number sequence for the sim card I gave them).
Bingo LTE off the bat MMS working great no APN setting at all.
Appears to be using Verizon towers. ( Getting a signal where my AT&T Sim card 920 couldn't).
I live in a rural area south of Portland, Oregon don't no if that matters.

Just got it done today don't know about any other issues yet.
Just got my fingers crossed for Denim. ( Update Denim now out)
Hope this helps others.
Any Questions reply back
Vic.

Last edited:

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Wow, good info. I have been wanting the Ativ SE and did not know I could get a CDMA sim from ST. Have been using a straight talk AT&T sim for 4 years on various unlocked GSM phones.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
When you say you had to buy an access code, what exactly do you mean? Is that something you got from Verizon or something from ST? For my phones I have used on ST AT&T sim I just popped the sim card in and added new app settings.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Thanks so much. I had considered this phone some months ago but I wanted to stay with Straight Talk and read that Verizon phones used with the AT&T ST sim(which is what I currently use) had MMS issues. If I can get a ST CDMA sim I'm going to reconsider getting it. The Icon and Ativ SE are crazy cheap on eBay now.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
didn't mean to hi-jack your thread by talking about the Ativ SE. it's just that they are both Verizon phones and i use Straight Talk as well,so your post really got me interested. thanks.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I made a post about this about a month ago, but I bought the activation kit from walmart and those kits contain every single SIM you will need, even CDMA Nano and dual regular/micro SIM cards. I got my Icon for $80 bucks and am using it with LTE Verizon Straight Talk right now and it works great....

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
If you buy the Straight Talk activation kit, it will come with the NANO SIM for CDMA and the Activation code plus one month's access to ST. Walmart sells these for $59 and should be available in any of their larger stores.

Victor Harshman

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Yes based on what I have been reading on this site. I would check the package to make sure it does come with the CDMA nano sim. I called our local Walmart and the guy on the phone said they did not have the ones with CDMA nano it ; could have been old stock.
Last year I bought the same type of kit and at that time it did not include CDMA sim but it did have the access code card.
Good luck
Vic

Charles Brown8

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
I can add to the success..... Got the ST activation kit for $59 got home with it and was making my first call on my Icon in 15 minutes.... Great deal!! Thanks For the information Vic ;)

Watcher Ter

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone, I'm on Lumia Icon just recently switched from gsm ATT sim card on straight talk to CDMA Verizon sim card on ST as well. And I am having issues with internet connection, it wasn't working at the beginning. After an hour with ST tech support I had to set up APN, had to enter this in APN: vzwinternet. It worked for some time, but after I loose connection or put my phone into airplane mode data connection gets lost again and won't work until I do APN setup again.
Question: does anyone else has this issue or just me?

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I have a 928 on GoPhone and have thought of putting back on Verizon. However, I had read that due to the changes made (data/mms, for example) you basically need to hard reset it when doing so. Verizon locks us out of half the fields, heck we can't even see them to know if they are wrong or need to be changed.

Sounds like a similar situation.

Watcher Ter

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the advice, but same thing is happening after reset. After call to ST tech support I get data connection back for day, two, then data goes off again. But now they sent me a new sim card, so will see what happens next...

Update: after receiving and activating new SIM card, everything seems to work fine without setting APN up.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb