Going Crazy: Cellular Data, Lumia 950xl, Straight Talk

poken1151

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi All, just wondering if anyone's gone through a similar situation with their 950XL, or f it's just me or something else.

Here's the tale:
  • I had this phone on Straight Talk (MVNO, ATT Sim) with no really data issues, consistent and fast.
  • At work, ATT service suddenly dropped and for the past few months I get no service at my desk. My friend with TMO does.
  • I order a Straight Talk nano sim, this time for TMO and put that in my device.
  • I set the internet APN and all seems to work for all of 1 min, then data falls out.
  • The network is constantly unstable, connecting and disconnecting, able to make calls, but rarely ever any data except when I turn cellular data on and off and some random times.

Whether you're on Straight Talk TMO or not, if you're just on TMO, has anyone experienced such constant connect/disconnect issues in cellular? I'm trying to figure out if it's an APN issue, a network issue, 950XL issue or just that TMO sucks in my area and the MVNO is worse...
Any info's welcome....

Scipio Magnus

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I have been having several similar issues on my Lumia 950XL DS. I use ATT and have had great coverage then about a month ago my coverage has just been trash. Frequent drops and showing edge as my speed in places I used to get 4G or LTE.

poken1151

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Never had a solution. Called up ST and got another ATT sim, back to mostly stable data.

FWIW, some apps simply can't tell they're on DATA when I have the ATT sim in, when I was on TMO, and it worked, those apps had no issue (stuff like the Transit Seattle app....)...

Ah well, damned if you do, damned if you don't