Windows Phone Apps Starter

inside man 55

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I love Windows Phone 8. I know there are apps, ideas, and things that could make it better. I have a few app ideas of my own. What I would like to propose is something like KickStarter, except for Windows Phone 8 apps. I am tentatively calling it WiPoStarter, but I am open to new and better names.

If you have ever played Godville the following will seem familiar.

Stage 1
1) Users submit ideas for apps.
2) There is 48 hours for members of WiPoStarter to vote on apps that interest them,1 vote per app. (There is an exception that I will mention later). Any one can become a member for free.
3) Any app idea receiving at least 40% positive votes goes onto the next stage.

Enhancement Room

Ideas that pass through Stage 1 get to the Enhancement Room. Those that have had 5 app ideas approved for app funding are allowed to vote for ideas with a vote of 1. Only positive votes are allowed. These super users can also modify the ideas and add comments.In stage one they get 3 positive votes / 1 negative vote per idea.

Developers - revised 10/3/2013
Revised idea
Developers bid on a well received app for time to complete, cost, and features. The original app idea creator will work with the developer of his choice. If the app creator does not have the funds or interest wipostarter will step in to advance the project to the next step.

Original thought
Ideas that receive a good number of positive votes go up to the developers.They choose which ideas they like the best and decide how long it will take to complete. The development team works with the original idea creator to come up with how the app works and looks.

Funding Team

The Developers tell the Funding Team how much money they need to finish the app. The Funding Team either goes to Lending Club to get money through debt financing or gets money through equity contributions. The Funding Team works with the original idea creator to work out a profit and loss split.

That's all I have so far. I really think it could be a billion dollar idea. I would love to hear everyone's thoughts and if this is the right place to have the discussion. Details are fuzzy on a lot of things so if you have ideas on certain topics please add them to the discussion.

Thanks for reading! I really hope this thread kicks off.

Last edited:

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
This is a hidden gem! Great idea! I'm not going to close this thread as it is a very good idea that didn't get the chance yet to see its potential.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi! I think that's a great idea!!!! I would love to participate in that WiPoStarter as a voter!!!!!!

Please don't close this thread...give it time and I think people will respond to it!

inside man 55

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
This project needs the following:

Developers
Users
Ideas

I don't have the first two. I do have the second. Here are apps I would like to see made.

1) what's in my fridge? Sometimes I have no clue. I have three opened containers of sour cream.

2) what's in my pantry? A little better but not much.

3) warranty tracker - I have no clue when I bought stuff, who to contact, when it expires, where receipts are, sometimes I have to check the included warranty paperwork = messy

4) Automatic credit card tracker - if you have automatic payments made on your credit cards updating each one when your credit card expires is a real pain. Dealing with that now. Excel is not the answer.

Thoughts?

Adorath

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Great idea! I don't think there are enough users, but why not give it a try. I'm kind of studying app dev. so I would try to make sth. like your 3. Idea :) it's great!

inside man 55

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Great idea! I don't think there are enough users, but why not give it a try. I'm kind of studying app dev. so I would try to make sth. like your 3. Idea :) it's great!
Thanks for posting! Feel free to make it, I feel there is a shortage of apps to help in our personal, non-mobile life. :) And I truly believe once people see the power of this idea people will flock to the platform.

Last edited:

inside man 55

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Here is idea #5 and #6...5) wipostarter why can't this be an app? Would be amazing, use the power of the app store to get new users to create and vote on ideas 6) Hybrid vs. Gasoline powered car comparison, some automotive places have it, but I have not seen an app do it, with metro theming for the buttons and minimal programming I think the app would be very useful for those looking to compare hybrid cost and mileage vs. a traditional car

Adorath

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I think you should build the website first. Afterwards it's much easier to put it into an app. I will do some concepts tomorrow. Can you do some as well? Would be nice to have more ideas! Hopefully we can get more people onboard :) I'm excited!

inside man 55

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I think you should build the website first. Afterwards it's much easier to put it into an app. I will do some concepts tomorrow. Can you do some as well? Would be nice to have more ideas! Hopefully we can get more people onboard :) I'm excited!

Great idea on the website! I am not the best graphical person but I love your enthusiasm! I will see what I can come up with it. More people would be better, they will come. Lol great :)

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Great idea on the website! I am not the best graphical person but I love your enthusiasm! I will see what I can come up with it. More people would be better, they will come. Lol great :)

Unfortunately, I am not the best at Web Development. Maybe ask around for a web developer? I'm sure there'll be someone here who can do it well. :smile:

inside man 55

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
No worries, I am thinking of what needs to be done and it is more involved than what I thought. As a first stab at it I really like what Jay has done using the WPCentral app. No tabs...just squares. Brit + Co. has a nice app too. I want to make the website touch friendly. Sending you a private message.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
4) Automatic credit card tracker - if you have automatic payments made on your credit cards updating each one when your credit card expires is a real pain. Dealing with that now. Excel is not the answer.

Thoughts?
I like this idea. I wouldn't use any of the others, but this is one I'd definitely be interested in.

rimlover

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
This project needs the following:

Developers
Users
Ideas

I don't have the first two. I do have the second. Here are apps I would like to see made.

1) what's in my fridge? Sometimes I have no clue. I have three opened containers of sour cream.

2) what's in my pantry? A little better but not much.

3) warranty tracker - I have no clue when I bought stuff, who to contact, when it expires, where receipts are, sometimes I have to check the included warranty paperwork = messy

Thoughts?

#4 would never work because of security reasons. i'm not a fan of the other ones except i do love the idea of number 5.

inside man 55

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
#4 would never work because of security reasons. i'm not a fan of the other ones except i do love the idea of number 5.

Thank you for your feedback. Why don't you join us on the dev thread regarding #5? Adorath has made some sketches of what wipostarter will look like.

Even if #4 allowed you to enter the card manually and where it was used that would be a win.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon