pc linking with skydrive, but skydrive not linked to phone

oliver30680

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
When I go to my onenote files on phone: I have files, I can say to sync, appears to sync, but I can not see those files anywhere on my skydrive account. In the onenote app, from the front page I click all, then I am looking at a screen that says "pages" in bold with a few diff pages listed below (two of them being "Explore Onenote" and "Welcome to Onenote") and then to the right of "pages" it says "notebooks" but its kind of greyed out. If I click "notebooks" I now have "notebooks" in bold, and below that it says "Personal (Web)", and under that "Unfiled Notes", and under that "last updated 35 minutes ago". If I click unfiled notes I get a list of notes, which appears to be the same list I was seeing under the "Pages" heading before.

When I go to skydrive: those files are visible and syncable to my pc onenote, they are located online at my skydrive account under documents; but again, don't reflect what is on the phone

When I go to the pc: I can sync with my skydrive onenote files but again none of those files show on onenote on my phone.

I thought to just delete all my live/skydrive login information, but I don't seem to have that option because under settings ->email&accounts-> oliver30680 (my username next to the windows icon) I can not delete my entry under "username" because its in a black box with grey text and you can not select it at all.

Please help!! I can't figure this out. How do I get them to all point to each other? If nothing else how do I totally clear the settings for this account on the phone?

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
A bit confused. Is Personal (Web) syncing with your PC One Note. That is the notebook created by your phone and you can't change the syntax of that file. This is the primary notebook that has to sync first between your PC and phone. You can sync other notebooks later but have to get this one working first. Don't think you have to remove your Live ID from the phone, but you may need to disable/break any syncs between your PC and SkyDrive until you get Personal (Web) working.

The first time I tried syncing it didn't appear to work and I opened SkyDrive to see what was going on. Just opening the notebook on SkyDrive started the sync process and now everything has worked perfectly for months without touching the SkyDrive folder.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

oliver30680

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
still unsure

To the prior question of whether or not my phone's Personal (web) syncing with my PC one note - no, currently my Personal (web) is not syncing with any PC or with my SkyDrive. Lets pretend I am starting from day 1, what is the process for first syncing with the PC? Does this require connection via USB? I thought that SkyDrive was the common link, and therefore first my phone would sync up to SkyDrive once I set the account settings and then forever on.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I don't remember exactly, but I believe you start with your phone. Tell it to sync with SkyDrive (make sure the notebook has something in it) and the Personal (Web) notebook is created on your SkyDrive. Now on your PC you open OneNote (must be OneNote 10) and setup a sync with the SkyDrive Personal (Web) notebook. You can add other notebooks later, but this one is the link between al three storage areas. I think OneNote has something in help with the instructions for setting this up.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills