Anybody successfully get Unlimited Onedrive storage yet?

wessock

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
I've had My Office 365 Subscription for a little over a month now and signed up because of the Onedrive unlimited storage. Now my backup has filled my 10TB before it's fully completed and I need to bump to unlimited. When I signed up, it said that if I ran out of room before the unlimited roll-out got to me that I should contact support and they'd convert me. I tried to do that yesterday and support seems clueless. I was passed off to 6 different people/departments going through countless unrelated "diagnostic" steps only to be told they didn't handle the problem and passed off to the next person. After 2 hours and ending up where I started, I just gave up. Is this done on purpose to avoid actually giving a person unlimited storage? It's just a simple account setting on Microsoft's end, but because of language barriers and mandatory diagnostic checklists, I don't think I'll ever get anywhere. Meanwhile, none of my new data is being backed-up. It should have been automatically converted to unlimited when I was close to running out of room. I feel like it was all a marketing gimmick with no real intention of ever offering people unlimited Onedrive storage. Has anyone successfully upgraded to Unlimited and how did you do it? The kicker is I'm only about 350GB short of being completely backed up. I tried to get help on the Microsoft forums and they just deleted the post with no reason given.

So has anyone been able to ask for the upgrade and get it? If so, how and who did you do it through?

wessock

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Does anybody even have unlimited Onedrive space yet, either through the auto roll-out or by asking? I've spent about 8 hours with different Microsoft reps and gotten nowhere.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

eds817

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I was on a chat with Microsoft asking the same question and was told I will never see it say unlimited. Once you approach the 1tb you should get another 1tb.

Sergio_C

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
I'm also over. I opened 3 chats and 2 tickets and the escalation supervisor said that "service is in rollout" and only hinted that until that rollout is complete they will implement all features, including extending more than 10 TB. I whined and got the same response.

There supposedly has to appear a request 1 TB button, but support only said it should appear but it never did. So we're stuck and I support won't commit to anything.

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
If your Onedrive is showing 10TB then you have it. I spoke to support and they said when you reach near the limit you automatically get another 10TB. Im far from that atm so lets see!

wessock

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm also over. I opened 3 chats and 2 tickets and the escalation supervisor said that "service is in rollout" and only hinted that until that rollout is complete they will implement all features, including extending more than 10 TB. I whined and got the same response.

There supposedly has to appear a request 1 TB button, but support only said it should appear but it never did. So we're stuck and I support won't commit to anything.

That button that isn't there makes sense by what the tech unsupport always asks and tells me to do. Still stuck not being able to upload anything after 10tb.

PBarrette

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
I have been trying for a couple of months to get unlimited. I was told to go to preview.onedrive.com for it, sign up and wait two days. Well, nothing. It's been months and I get conflicting feedback from MS. Two reps have said I should have it, two say unlimited was cancelled. As of now I am a few MB's over my limit.

I also am not getting my Skype minutes, but I don't care as much about that.

wessock

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Yeah I "signed up" back in December and never heard a thing. I finally got a chat rep to escalate my case a little over a week ago. They had never heard of being given 10TB even though most people were bumped to that back in November. It really seems that there is zero training of these people as they never know their own products and stuff from the MS press releases. The "escalation team" was supposed to contact me in under 24 hrs, it took 4 days. They just sent me an email saying that the cap should have lifted when I ran out of room and are investigating the issue, getting back to me when they know more. That was 5 days ago. They're at least fully admitting that I should have unlimited by now. I suspect the problem is because I bought a 1 year subscription key card from Amazon and signed up using that. I think if I had just done a monthly subscription with automatic payments it would be unlimited by now.

wessock

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Well today I noticed that my phone didn't keep telling me that my Onedrive was full every 2 minutes, so I checked online. Sure enough, I now have 50TB of storage under my Office 365 subscription. I had to do a double take because I thought it said GB at first. Nobody contacted me back saying they fixed my account, so not sure if it was support's actions or some new policy by coincidence. Not technically unlimited but it should be many years before I'd approach 50TB.

wessock

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
I just got an email from support saying that the 10TB cap "is lifted" and their back-end fix worked, so I guess it was support's doing. I'm happy, but it shouldn't take months to finally find an employee who actually knows enough to even escalate the problem that was obviously on their end.

PavanReddy

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Is "unlimited" space for OneDrive still available with Office 365 subscription? I don't see anything related to this on the Office website. ALl the plans seem to have 1tb limit.

Thanks

wessock

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
It should still be. It's never said that it's unlimited on the website, only press releases.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Interesting, sounds like a case of the marketing department getting ahead of the engineering department. I've experienced that being on the engineering side and have had to scramble making things work.

PavanReddy

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
So, I should be good to go with this? Seems like an amazing deal just for the storage alone...

products.office.com/en-us/office-365-personal

wessock

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
And also ahead of the support department as well. I think they're still holding back and doing a phased introduction so they don't get hammered with everyone dumping TBs of data at once. I really had to fight yo get the unlimited for months.

wessock

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
It's even better if you get the 1 year key card off of Amazon. Much cheaper and has the same perks. Only about $49 for personal, and $73 for home right now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softradix