Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Daniel Ratcliffe

I wanna get a Lumia 920 but I'm still not sure. I like iOS' design. But my father has iPhone and my brother has iPad. I feel bored when I use them.
    Which phone do you recommend me to buy? iPhone or Lumia 920?
    I care about UI design, look and stability. I was sure about getting Lumia 920 before I read tons of issues people have with their lumia. I'm living in Turkey so I won't be able to change my lumia if I get a bad quality one, I think. I must be lucky to get a good one.
    I generally use my phone to listen to music. So the sound quality with headphones is important for me. Can you tell me about it?
    I read that Portico update was released. Did it fix your battery, heat, camera and random reset issues?
    BTW does the Lumia screen response as fast as iPhones?
    Thanks.
    Developer

Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    It's up to you, but I had the Lumia 920 and really enjoyed it (I switched to Verizon because they put up LTE).

If you care about UI, then jump for the 920. Keep in mind that there are SOME apps missing, however, it is growing pretty fast :)

The phone is very loud, sound quality is good (at least for me).

I never had any issues with mine. Even before the update (I just enjoyed the keep Wi-Fi on!).

And yes!
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,476 Global Posts
    UI and look - this is subjective. As you say you're bored with iPhone 5 then maybe the WP design will work for you. It is based on typographical hierarchy to channel your vision to the content.
    Issues - this is something that I can't really answer for. Isn't there insurance available over there? Or a warranty service in case your Lumia goes bad? Maybe try contacting Nokia care should it all go pear shaped.
    Music - the app itself is an unburdened infinite trainwreck. But music quality from a standard HTC headset (I don't have Beats) is actually pretty good on the Lumia, so that shouldn't be an issue.
    Portico - Can't really answer this as I didn't have issues prior to Portico. Except for the odd lock-up and screen glitch (but I already had glitches on my HTC TITAN too).
    Responsiveness - Very good. I would say it responds faster than my iPod Touch, but I can't really compare it to iPhone.

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."
    BIGPADDY likes this.

Thanks for the answers.
    Yes, I have been thinking about the apps but if marketplace is growing fast, it won't be a problem. Thanks for that info. I was worried if no one cared about creating apps for Windows Phone.
    There is a warranty service but I'm not sure if they change the phone.
    I think the responsiveness of iPod is same with iPhone.
    Thanks again!
    Developer

Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    You shouldn't be concerned about the responsiveness-its quite zippy, at least for me.

Global Posts
    1,417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by farukdgn View Post
    I wanna get a Lumia 920 but I'm still not sure. I like iOS' design. But my father has iPhone and my brother has iPad. I feel bored when I use them.
    Thanks.
    Sounds like you answered your own question.

PM me for more details

Read my thread "Why Im thinking of getting iPhone and wait until WP is more developed.

If things i mentioned wont bother you, get Lumia