How do I convince someone that the Windows Phone is superior? (Surrounded by iphones and androids)

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Instantly, when I got my Windows Phone 8, I got negative rep from my friends. One even compared it to a "bag of milk" (I don't get it either) and a useless brick that has lost all hope of becoming a good smart phone. They say it sucks and it lacks the amazing features off the iphone and android. Also, they say it's a total copy and the new 8.1 update is nothing good. How do counter their points? How do I tell them that there is some good in a Windows Phone that is worth trying and loving? :straight:

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Care not what these naysayers spew forth!

I would just worry about me knowing I was the Maverick who made the choice that works for me.
This very subject has been hashed out on one or two other threads.

Be the mature one and enjoy the Windows Phone for it's merits without calling anyone different out as subhuman as your "friends" have done to you.

Bruce Beard

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Find new friends? Actually, I really don't care who else likes my phone. They will figure it out for themselves (or not) at their own pace. I felt the same way about all Windows products for some years. Finally Windows 7 began restoring my faith and then I replaced a boot camped MacBook Pro and iPad with a Surface Pro 2. To my surprise I actually liked the thing! Now I am using Windows 8.1 on my desktop at home and I decided to add a Windows phone to the mix. If you had asked me a year ago if I might be all MS today I would have laughed at you.
Give them time....

Ali Assaedi

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
i dont think u can much...

for me im here because of Nokia, hardware wise, but mainly the Camera(1020), u cant beat that in iphone/andriod, can u? also Nokia brilliant suite of apps(offline navigation helped me tons, another plus for wp :) ).
the second reason is , speed and stability(was getting tired of symbian hanging on me.. and andriod was very simliar to symbian in that regard). iphone is speedy and stable , but its limited, and over priced :S.

WP8 lacks lots of specific apps, that i wanted to use, such as a
-Steam app(there is a good one in beta now),
-bbm, i hate it , but i actually needed it
-tango/hangout, u can argue that skype is there, but skype is banned where my parents live

hmm i was expecting to list alot of apps :D , but man, things have changed in the past 8 months :p... there are ofc few more apps that i forgot about, but u get the idea.. thats the problem that WP is facing, lack of specific small apps.. and the quality of published apps(and their update cycle)
even skype is ALOT better in iphone/andriod.. still terrible, but alot better than what we have. that should give u an idea.

but , what i like most about my yellow 1020? altho i HATE showing off, but the phone just turns head.. its pretty unique within an ocean of andriods and iphones :). forget about convincing them to switch, just remember that you are different :), and hopefully in a good way : D

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Instantly, when I got my Windows Phone 8, I got negative rep from my friends. One even compared it to a "bag of milk" (I don't get it either) and a useless brick that has lost all hope of becoming a good smart phone. They say it sucks and it lacks the amazing features off the iphone and android. Also, they say it's a total copy and the new 8.1 update is nothing good. How do counter their points? How do I tell them that there is some good in a Windows Phone that is worth trying and loving? :straight:

Every OS has its flaws and its merits. If your friends insist on being jerks like this, ask them what AMAZING features their phones have that make them so great. People love to say "Windows Phones can't do anything" or "Windows Phone have no apps," when they really don't know what they're talking about.

If all else fails, wait for 8.1 to be released, and then have Cortana call them assholes. lmao

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
The only thing I have ever said about my use of Windows Phone is "It works".

It used to be because I had access to office on my phone but now MS is doing all phones.

I have found one thing that just kills chat is pop out my Xbox Game Avatar. In most cases it shuts them up.

Last edited:

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Let your phone speak for itself. Say nothing to them. But make sure you are sporting a windows phone flag ship at least a NL 925.

Every so often show them what Windows phone can do. I get ask daily about my NL 925 just because of things that am doing on my phone is interesting to others. For example opening hundreds of files on Adobe Reader from one drive, and creating notes on OneNote just to mention a couple of things unique on WP,

Wilguens Joachin

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Every OS has its flaws and its merits. If your friends insist on being jerks like this, ask them what AMAZING features their phones have that make them so great. People love to say "Windows Phones can't do anything" or "Windows Phone have no apps," when they really don't know what they're talking about.

If all else fails, wait for 8.1 to be released, and then have Cortana call them assholes. lmao

dude, i am so tired of hearing that crap. there are plenty of apps, and windows phone can do so much more than IOS and Android.

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I'd tell people why I love Windows Phone, i.e. why it appeals to me, why it works for me and why I prefer it to the other platforms. An honest and reflective review of the platform is the strongest argument you could give.

For example, I explain to people that the WP UI alone always looks nice and fresh, and can be changed to match my environment (grey for work, red for parties, cyan for a night out, etc). All it takes is a couple of seconds, not a complete re-working of my home screen(s). I enjoy taking my phone out *because* it's a Windows Phone, not because it's just a generic looking thing I need in order to open Instagram.

That's just my PoV regarding tile colours!

AndersonSilvaR

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Simples, it's not. It's equal. You just have to say things that YOU like about the device that is not available on other platforms, if they continue trolling, stop the conversation.
Can we all just stop this ****** battle?

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site

Septiformus

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
dude, i am so tired of hearing that crap. there are plenty of apps, and windows phone can do so much more than IOS and Android.

I have WP (Primary), Android (Work), and iOS (G/F's Tablet)
So far I haven't seen anything that WP can do that Android cannot.
What irritates me more is that I have the official MS RDP app on my Android, but it isn't on my WP.

Looking at the features coming to 8.1 it looks like it might catch up to where Android was 7 years ago.

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Who cares. It can do what I want. Don't need mcdonalds app and stupid games. Plus its fun watching a system growing. Not boring :p good night

- Tapatalk -

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I generally talk to my friends with low end Android phones and show them how awesome the 520 is. Higher end is harder since those tend to actually be pretty good.

falconrap

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Just ask if your Windows Phone scares them, or ask them to stop with the jealousy. When you get 8.1 on there, open Cortana and ask her to remind you to let your friends know what suckers they are and watch their response when she responds and asks you if the reminder is what you want. It's even more impressive if they are in your contacts and you use a nickname for them in real life and in your contact, you can then ask her to tell "nickname" something and when she responds with the contacts full name, you can tell them to pick their jaw up and stop drooling all over the floor.

But, in all seriousness, never allow others to dictate how you feel about your choice, and don't seek the opinion of others to validate you. Be good, do right, and enjoy the life you are given. After all opinions are like sphincters...everyone has one.

bayanii

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
You tell them that once you get a windows phone, your metacloreon count increases. Nah nah.

You don't. The best way is to tell them how it fits you well. People don't like others telling them what to do. Especially when they are comfortable. Just give them the truth about your experiences with the phone. Do it without breaking out the Windows 🐔. Yah dig?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb