Thinking of leaving Windows Phone for good, any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bodeanicus

Banned
Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
But for high end phones it is a large chunk and without flagships no manufacturer will ever gain much presence.

You are wrong. The percentage of people who buy every "flagship" that's released is very small. Most people use the phone they receive when they renew their contract until the next contract renewal. You are in the minority.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
You are wrong. The percentage of people who buy every "flagship" that's released is very small. Most people use the phone they receive when they renew their contract until the next contract renewal. You are in the minority.
You misunderstood my comment,maybe I should have written clearer. I meant to say when Americans buy their phones via contract they typically buy flagships and when their contract renews they buy another flagship. I don't remember saying they buy every flagship released.

ramyZgHR

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I have a chance to swap my 930 for new Z3 compact and have to say I am really tempted to do it! I like the size of Sony, and the fact that it's Android! WP is great for me, but I'm getting tired of all restrictions... I miss some apps and getting sick of looking in Store to find stupid games, tons of "antivirus" apps, Facebook this and that, apps that were updated more than a year ago... Major apps are quiting their support for WP and it's really frustrating!
I have to say, my last Android was Optimus 4x. I swapped it for HTC 8x. It was strange at first, but after a short period of time I get used on it. After some more time I fell in love with platform! After 8x I had 925 and now 930. Platform grows, but too slow. MS is doing some strange moves lately and I feel like they are going in wrong direction...
Any advice guys? My decision to go away is not final so I am opened for discussion about it.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
I've been on Windows Phone since WP7 and was very happy with it. Heard a lot of trash about Android, and started using (not final decision) an Android last week. My general impression is that I missed a lot on WP. WP is nice and clean and smooth, and has some very good apps, some better than Android. But it's behind and from what I've seen recently, getting further behind.

ramyZgHR

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I've been on Windows Phone since WP7 and was very happy with it. Heard a lot of trash about Android, and started using (not final decision) an Android last week. My general impression is that I missed a lot on WP. WP is nice and clean and smooth, and has some very good apps, some better than Android. But it's behind and from what I've seen recently, getting further behind.

I understand what you're saying. I'd love for WP to suceed but I'm not sure that I am ready to stick with it any more just to fill their numbers and percentages. Some times it's easier just to go with the flow. Not always, tough. Deamn, it's just a phone and question is- am I ready to give up everything while MS experimenting and trying to find itself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon