Samsung ativ s - change csc

IlyaBu

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
This is a very cool find! Q1) does anyone know what all of the carrier abbreviations stand for? TLS = Telus, RWC = Rogers, BMC = Bell, BWA = SaskTel, any idea what FMC (which is the default) stands for? Is there any chance FMC = "unbranded"? Q2) based on answer to Q1, would selecting FMC enable me to then finally get hotspot / internet sharing working on T-Mobile in the US, which I've been unable to do regardless of anything else I've tried? I'm somewhat unwilling to reset my phone to find out if this is the case or not so hoping someone will know.

IlyaBu

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Answered my own question; FMC = Fido. Apparently there is no way to unbrand the phone using this setting. That said INTERNET SHARING NOW WORKS WITH T-MOBILE! WOHOO!

IlyaBu

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Spoke too soon. Choosing Fido disables LTE. Now trying Bell and will also try Rogers, see if any of those have the magic combo of LTE AND Internet Sharing.

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I would strongly assume that the unbranded csc is also there. Any with LTE enabled I dont know, but probably?

Do you see DBT, thats probably german unbranded.

Also there is menu for the LTE bands. Maybe can activate that separately?

IlyaBu

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
The only CSC choices using the above method are TLS, FMC, RWC, BMC, BWA, so no option to unbrand / no carrier. The only carrier with which internet sharing worked was Fido, but then LTE didn't even show up as an option under Settings, Cellular (highest available speed setting was 4G, regardless of LTE bands settings in the Diagnosis app). Would love to hear any suggestions / bright ideas anyone might have.

Leif Perjus

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi, thanks for info.
Can i change csc-code (to what code) and then get GDR2 over the air ? My AtivS is sim-free unbranded GT-I8750 with csc NEE

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
The only CSC choices using the above method are TLS, FMC, RWC, BMC, BWA, so no option to unbrand / no carrier. The only carrier with which internet sharing worked was Fido, but then LTE didn't even show up as an option under Settings, Cellular (highest available speed setting was 4G, regardless of LTE bands settings in the Diagnosis app). Would love to hear any suggestions / bright ideas anyone might have.

Ok its so few of the csc's present. I wonder what happens if you try to flash the device with unbranded firmware, then fiddle around with the csc?

Fast google found this at XDA "There is a code in Diagnosis to change CSC. But it must be avaible in ROM your flashed. And changing CSC causes Hard Reset"

Seems that there is actually some bits and pieces of information regarding this when searching the web. Also the GDR2 firmwares are floating around and available for flashing.

Bryan w

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site

im on tmobile as well but sim defaults to epc.tmobile.com so when i attempt to restore from backup after wiping I dont have internet connection. have to manually change to fast.tmobile.com. would test if i could successfully restore from backup.

IlyaBu

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
You can use the Diagnosis app to set band preferences to always connect to 4G first. This seems to carry across hard resets, and thus your phone will connect to 4G after a reset and epc.tmobile.com will work to start the restore.

IlyaBu

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
The only firmware I've been able to find is for the I8750, not the T899M which is what I have. If anyone has a pointer to unbranded firmware for the T899M I'd love to try it.

anon(7917514)

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi, thanks for info.
Can i change csc-code (to what code) and then get GDR2 over the air ? My AtivS is sim-free unbranded GT-I8750 with csc NEE

I tried multiple CSC on the weekend with my spare handset and of the CSC that I tested OTA update was not available. I suspect that a combination of CSC and IP address is will enable the update.
i.e. my IP address originates from Australia and a CSC that I tested was German or United Kingdom and the 2 do not match etc

Bryan w

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
You can use the Diagnosis app to set band preferences to always connect to 4G first. This seems to carry across hard resets, and thus your phone will connect to 4G after a reset and epc.tmobile.com will work to start the restore.

just confirmed that is not the case after hard reset.

I'm actually stuck and unable for my sim to get on tmobile's network.

any ideas?

IlyaBu

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
not sure what to say; this worked for me across multiple CSC changes and resets. You sure something else isn't going wrong for you?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mducros