Trouble with data access- Focus Flash, StraightTalk mvno

Ducky108

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Ok guys I've been getting alot of google searches that end up in this forum.

I bought an unlocked Focus Flash on eBay last week.
-updated the Operating System
-updated the FW
-currently using the wireless manager app to set internet_line apn= att.mvno and that apparently is the online line that I'm supposed to use.

I am a bit confused on if I should use the command sequence via the settings interface or the Wireless Manager app or both?

The web access via this method is actually not working for me most of the time even if I have 3 bars of 4g I will try to just ping google from the IE browser and that doesn't work half the time.

Thanks everyone! Hope to hear from ya. :cool:

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Steps:

1. Download "Wireless Manager" from "Samsung Zone" in the Marketplace

2. Go into your phone's Settings > Cellular > Data Roaming Options > Set to "Don't Roam"

3. Select edit or add Apn and enter this info under each field
apn name:att.mvno
proxy server: proxy.mvno.tracfone.com
proxy port: 80
Save and Reboot Phone

4. Go into "Wireless Manager" --- UNCHECK "Automatic APN" - then Select "AT&T 4G"

5. Go back 1 screen and Click "Edit APN"

There should be 3 APNs (internet_line, mms_line, softap_line)

Enter the settings exactly as listed below in each of the fields.

___

APN name: internet_line

Profile category: internet (always on)

APN: att.mvno

Auth Type: none

Username:

Password:

Proxy address:

Prox domain:

Proxy Port:

_____

APN name: mms_line

Profile Category: mms

MMSC (Activated): http://mmsc.cingular.com/

Auth type: none

Username:

Password:

Proxy address: 66.209.11.33

Proxy domain: mmsc.cingular.com

Proxy port: 80

____

APN name: softap_line

Profile category: other

Username:

Password:

Proxy address:

Proxy Domain:

Proxy Port

====

Enjoy

Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

Ducky108

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
This kind of worked for me but whenever I switch from 4g to the E I lose internet for like 2 mins, what's up with that? Actually my internet only works when I get the 4g icon. Also the internet doesn't even work with the E icon.

Last edited:

Ducky108

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I've been trying to figure out why data only works half the time for me. Or if I go to say download an app the first second it starts to use data I get kicked from having any internet access at all.

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Edge ( E ) won't give you internet. I just think it's too slow. And for your internet cutting in and out well I had that issue too. I updated the phone tango or whatever its called ( I'm too lazy to look at the version ).

I set up the only the internet line. I was too lazy to setup anything else. I can't send mms until I configure it.

But the internet works all the time. ( and I'm very happy about that as it doesn't cut out )

I really don't know what the problem is. But when i had everything configured , i barely had an internet connection.

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Because you edited the 4G apn. Which is the default. Glad it worked out for you. I personally don't care about mms. So I won't even bother to set it up.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
this gave me data on E and 4g.
im still curious why my phone never says 3g just loops from E to 4g

Because 4g on Flash with Net10/Straighttalk = AT&T Fake 4g network which use's HSPA 3.5g or 3g.

For has long has I have had my phone (since feb) and on net10/straighttalk it has never switched from 4g to 3g only from 4g to Edge and vice versa..

So It would be normal not to see 3g..only 4g or edge..

Because you edited the 4G apn.

No editing the apn data will not change the cellular frequency..Even if you switched from 4g to 3g settings. It would not change the cellular frequency. You need to change the cellular frequency from the Root Menu

naitsirhc_123

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Steps:

1. Download "Wireless Manager" from "Samsung Zone" in the Marketplace

2. Go into your phone's Settings > Cellular > Data Roaming Options > Set to "Don't Roam"

3. Select edit or add Apn and enter this info under each field
apn name:att.mvno
proxy server: proxy.mvno.tracfone.com
proxy port: 80
Save and Reboot Phone

4. Go into "Wireless Manager" --- UNCHECK "Automatic APN" - then Select "AT&T 4G"

5. Go back 1 screen and Click "Edit APN"

There should be 3 APNs (internet_line, mms_line, softap_line)

Enter the settings exactly as listed below in each of the fields.

___

APN name: internet_line

Profile category: internet (always on)

Auth Type: none

Username:

Password:

Proxy address:

Prox domain:

Proxy Port:

_____

APN name: mms_line

Profile Category: mms

MMSC (Activated): http://mmsc.cingular.com/

Username:

Password:

Proxy address: 66.209.11.33

Proxy domain: mmsc.cingular.com

Proxy port: 80

____

APN name: softap_line

Profile category: other

Username:

Password:

Proxy address:

Proxy Domain:

Proxy Port

====

Enjoy

Hi, I tried using the data connection with the information that you gave but it isn't letting me get access to the internet. It's giving the 'we're having trouble displaying this page' message when I try to use the internet explorer. I even tried using the information from Straight Talk Windows | StraightTalkWindows.com and it isn't working either. What can I do?

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I tried using the data connection with the information that you gave

What can I do?

You did input the information correctly and have rebooted your phone right ?

You did order the Net10/StraightTalk AT&T Compatible SIM correct ?

Did you just activated your account with ST or was it working then just stopped ?

naitsirhc_123

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
You did input the information correctly and have rebooted your phone right ?

You did order the Net10/StraightTalk AT&T Compatible SIM correct ?

Did you just activated your account with ST or was it working then just stopped ?

The info. that I entered is correct, I double checked.

When I purchased the SIM from ST there wasn't an option for a AT&T compatible SIM. So I bought the 'Unlocked GSM Phone (Phone must operate in 850 and 1900 MHz bands)' SIM alternative.

I'm new to the ST service and the phone is able to make and receive calls and texts. It's a unblocked Samsung focus flash sgh-i677, it was previously with AT&T.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
The info. that I entered is correct, I double checked.

When I purchased the SIM from ST there wasn't an option for a AT&T compatible SIM. So I bought the 'Unlocked GSM Phone (Phone must operate in 850 and 1900 MHz bands)' SIM alternative.

I'm new to the ST service and the phone is able to make and receive calls and texts. It's a unblocked Samsung focus flash sgh-i677, it was previously with AT&T.

Net10/ST stopped selling AT&T Compatible SIM just a few week ago, you can still find them online or even at walmart.

Since you have the GSM Sim Card try these apn settings instead..Since you are not using AT& Sim which the apn data from above uses. You need the GSM APN Settings so try both of these. Hopefully one of these will work..My suggestion is to get AT&T SIM if possible.

Name
straight talk
straight talk
APN
wap.tracfone
wap.tracfone
Proxy
leave blank
Port
MMSC
http://mms.tracfone.com
MMS Proxy
leave blank
MMS Port
leave blank

naitsirhc_123

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Net10/ST stopped selling AT&T Compatible SIM just a few week ago, you can still find them online or even at walmart.

Since you have the GSM Sim Card try these apn settings instead..Since you are not using AT& Sim which the apn data from above uses. You need the GSM APN Settings so try both of these. Hopefully one of these will work..My suggestion is to get AT&T SIM if possible.

Name
straight talk
straight talk
APN
wap.tracfone
wap.tracfone
Proxy
leave blank
Port
MMSC
MMS Proxy
leave blank
MMS Port
leave blank

It didn't work.... I'll wait until the contract is finished and buy a NET10 AT&T compatible SIM. ST stopped selling AT&T compatible SIMs too, plus the ones that are on Ebay are more expensive than the NET10 ones. Thank you for your information and trying to help me. Have a great day!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3