Custom Ringtones after Mango?

brew1985

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I installed Mango, no hiccups whatsoever, just trying to learn it now. I was wanting to install my two favorite ringtone/notifier sounds...I am still clueless after searching for a way how for about an hour. Any help?

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
In the Zune software, go to the audio files you want to be ringtones (following ringtone specifications) right click on the audio file you want, and hit edit, and change the genre to Ringtone. Then sync.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site

brew1985

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
i tried that, files are in zune, under ringtone genre, drag and drop onto the phone, doesnt show up in the ringtones list on the phone

brew1985

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I don't have that on my ringtones list, I did the force update...could that be an issue you think? I mean, it's not like I got a hacked version of the software

brew1985

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Figured it out, I had to rename the genre Ringtone, not RingtoneS! Got it going now! Now I know there has to be a work around to rename a genre so that we can do custom notifications!

dthomasberger

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
custom ringtone not showing up

I have changed the the Genre to Ringtone. I have synced the file to my windows 7.5 phone but the ringtone does not showup in the ringtones. I can see it in my music files however.

Dave

Esen312

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
So does anyone know if a work-around for custom alerts, cause while I really appreciate customs ringtones, I'm texting constantly and id love to have a custom alert for messages1

jakomos

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
i cant get it to work on my samsung focus (i917 att) phone with w7.5 mango. i created two ringtones. both under 500b, both under 30seconds, both edited though zune to "ringtone", both synced to my focus. and they dont show up. ive been doing this for two days. i cant have made any mistakes. there is no "custom ringtones" in my ringtone list under "ringtones+sounds".

any words on help here would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

tenaciouskillr

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I know what you need to do!

Okay, to get through this procedure, you should go through these extra steps to assure your ringtone will show up.

1. create a new folder in music called Ringtone
2. set artist and composer of album to Ringtone
3. put your ringtones in the folder and set genre of every ringtone to Ringtone
4. when you do the above step, actually name the genre Ringtone with the capital "R"
5. set the album's artist to Ringtone
6. sync the entire folder to your phone. you will now have your ringtones and they wont show up in the music&videos.
7. Pro to this would be that you now have a designated place for all your ringtones to be.

Any problems just reply. :)
(*side note* I did force update as well)

zuke97

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
i cant get it to work on my samsung focus (i917 att) phone with w7.5 mango. i created two ringtones. both under 500b, both under 30seconds, both edited though zune to "ringtone", both synced to my focus. and they dont show up. ive been doing this for two days. i cant have made any mistakes. there is no "custom ringtones" in my ringtone list under "ringtones+sounds".

any words on help here would be greatly appreciated. thanks.
Tap the Ringtone box under ringtones+sounds then the next screen displays Custom as first option under choose an item

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes