WPcentral needs a new logo

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Like the basic idea, XENOPHOS, but I do like the Central lettering under the design. There seems to be no "P" in the Modern (can't get used to that yet) Tiles even though there is a "W". Is that by design?

tommikovski I really like your bottom design. Just enough detail to it to make it eye catching.

Thanks Snowmutt.
If u see the white line and then the red block, that makes a P.
In fact the Central was what I was most skeptical about.

Will give it one more shot.
And no, in the original design, there was no W. I put it. :D
So in short, P is the problem. Hmmm..
Lemme see what I can do.

But Thanks a lot for ur feed back. Greatly appreciated.

Sent from my RaZr NeXus.

tommikovski

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
@Snowmutt: Thank you. i tried to keep it simple. It?s the current Logo rectanglified :lol:

@Xenophobos: i would try a bold font for the W & C. Try to distort them into the right angle too. The square on the upper right could be a little bit smaller than the other squares - so the "P" will be more visible through the whitespace. Maybe could form the "W" like the "P" and just use a font for "central". The idea is good, just needs a little bit fine tuning :)

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
@Snowmutt: Thank you. i tried to keep it simple. It?s the current Logo rectanglified :lol:

@Xenophobos: i would try a bold font for the W & C. Try to distort them into the right angle too. The square on the upper right could be a little bit smaller than the other squares - so the "P" will be more visible through the whitespace. Maybe could form the "W" like the "P" and just use a font for "central". The idea is good, just needs a little bit fine tuning :)

Thanx a ton!! I loved ur designs too BTW. Will surely try what u said... cheers!

Sent from my RaZr NeXus.

Rich Edmonds

PC Editor
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I'll be the party pooper and reveal that something wonderful is on the horizon for Windows Phone Central :) we thank you for the effort gone into the ideas though! We have had many internally, and it's extremely interesting the different paths available when attempting to be relevant but not infringing on Microsoft's branding.

Be patient, guys! :cool:

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I'll be the party pooper and reveal that something wonderful is on the horizon for Windows Phone Central :) we thank you for the effort gone into the ideas though! We have had many internally, and it's extremely interesting the different paths available when attempting to be relevant but not infringing on Microsoft's branding.

WOOT!!!

Im happy AND SAD... :) :(

I knew this would happen somewhere...anyways...we can't wait... (at least I can't!!:D)

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

Oh, go ahead and infringe. How good of lawyers can a little Mom and Pop dime store outfit like Microsoft possibly have???

Rich Edmonds

PC Editor
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Oh, go ahead and infringe. How good of lawyers can a little Mom and Pop dime store outfit like Microsoft possibly have???
Unfortunately, our app submission was originally rejected due to our current logo resembling the Microsoft Windows branding. Thus "WP" inside a circle was incorporated for the app. So to keep everything consistent and above board, a new logo is required :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon